2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Emperor root Q's

Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10820

I have heard that the roots we grow that come out in the shape of a man [head/arms/legs] are more valuable when selling the product. I've read these are referred to as \"Emperor Roots.\"

Any truth to this? Anyone got a photo of one of these, and a story to tell about it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10821

Whitjr,

I think if all it has is head, arms, legs then it would be called a \"man root\".

Has to have one more appendage that us males are quite proud of to be called an Empror's root - the penis - and the more pronounced the better.

I have seen pictures of such roots and have also heard that they can fetch a nice price, but I have never known anyone to sell such a root at a very good price.

I know last year several folks on here were asking questions about nice man roots and emporor's roots, but not sure if anyone ever sold one for the price that we \"hear\" they can fetch.

I would like to know more about that if it has actually happened.

TNhunter

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10822

Below is a link to the Glacial Gold site and a page where they show a pic of a Emperor's root and mention $10,000.00 price.

Again - I have only heard of such pricess listed like this, don't know of anyone that actually got such a price.

TNhunter

www.ginseng-seed.com/PlantingByHand.htm

What the market is really looking for, other than very high ginsitis levels, is appearance. This is where the ginseng roots have split and formed what we call \"figurines\" in the business. Anything that looks like the lower anatomy of a human is a prime ginseng root.
When you run across the extremely rare plant which they call the emperors root that is shaped like a human body, where the arms are pronounced, the legs are pronounced and the male sexual organ is pronounced, that is an emperor ginseng root. Those single individual ginseng roots can bring as much as $ 10,000 (US).

Edit-add - I found a up-close pic of the Glacial Gold Emperor's root.

It does have the male appendage, but it is kind of laid back (probably just dried that way).

I think what one should do if find a emporor's root like that is take care during the drying process to form it, position it so that the arms and legs and penis dry in exactly the shape you want, including that penis being up and out loud and proud.

Could make a huge difference in the price offer.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10823

Here is a example of what I am talking about on taking care when drying to get the \"show off\" results you want in the end.

This seng root sold for 250K but now they dug it carefully getting all of those long hair roots and then really showed it off in how them dryed it and mounted it in a fancy case.

I am sure someone spent hours positioning all of those roots and hair roots just like they wanted to make it visually stunning in the end.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10833

Well, thanks for all those photos...

I don't want my male appendage to look like the one in the 1st photo... \"laid back and dried\"... Maybe some 'sang would help that... you think? Laughing....

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10834

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I have checked with many dealers and it is not easy to get the treasured root if any part is not present then it is no more than another root they must have all parts.

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10836

All kidding aside, if any of us were to find roots that were like the above [some of Billy's come o mind from his pics he posted] then great care should be given to the drying and transporting of same root to market. If I get some of those... I'll treat them like gold!

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10839

Where do you sell a man root or emperors root?

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10841

Whitjr,

I agree that it looks like that glacial gold emporer's root could stand some ginseng treatments.

I bet they just found that one already dry. It looks to be quite old, all of the root hairs are gone and well the arms and legs are in OK position, but the (middle leg) is tucked between the legs like a scalded dog's tail.

It really needed to be forced to dry out and move visable, in a more encouraging position :-)

Maya - not sure where (folks like us - diggers or growers) could actually sell a man root or emperor's root.

My only selling so far has been done to local registerd ginseng dealers and I doubt seriously they would offer anything special for a special root like those.

I expect your best bet would be to have a direct connection to a buyer that takes it direct to china or japan.

Of course that would be true of all of your seng.

My son just signed up for Karate lessons a few weeks ago and the folks that run the place are Americans but they have connections to a older fellow from Japan who comes and visits 2-3 times a year.

I am hoping to meet this fellow and kick off some discussions about ginseng, perhaps give him a few nice roots - just as a gift and see where that leads.

Never know - could turn out to be a great connection.

We'll see.

TNhunter

Re:Emperor root Q's 12 years 9 months ago #10845

Good luck TN!That would be something if you lucked into a good buyer there.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Who's Online

We have 80 guests and no members online

Login