2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng Seed Prices

Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11144

WOW,
Looks like Ginseng Seed prices are going to be high this year. Guess I won't be planting that big plot this year. I just checked two sites that just released their prices and they are asking twice what I payed last year. If you can get a good deal from a supplier or small grower better grab those seeds quickly.
I have some feelers out for seed and they have not got back to me yet. I was hoping for a great price but I am not to confident at this moment.
Latt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11150

if ya think prices for sratified wild sim. is high this year, ya best learn to sratify for next year.

guy

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11184

I checked Hardings just now and it says they are taking orders now and they have price listed at 149.95 per pound + 12.95 shipping. Last year I paid 119.95 + 8.00 shipping for a pound from Hardings. That is a price increase of (34.95).

I checked one of my other seed suppliers from last year and their pice has gone up 27.00 on the pound (shipping is included in the price there).

I hope to plant another 3-4-5 lbs this fall.

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11185

I am looking for some woods grown seed as well. Prefer wild simulated. Any other leads for seeds out there?

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11187

Our prices are the same as last year for woods-cultivated seed. My supplier didn't raise 'em. Lucky

Tanner

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11188

Remember me Tanner, I have 10 lbs on hold at that great price.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11191

Yeah guys for some reason everyone has raised their price this year on seed. Maybe a shortage or something i really don't know. But just like i said in the past Seed business is the business to get into. But Ozark raised theirs a little but they are still cheaper than Hardings and trust me guys great success with them.

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11196

I'm new at this so is it out of line to ask who your supplier is or can't you say? I apologize in advance if this is not proper ginseng seed etiquette.

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11197

Dino,
I would hate to recommend one supplier over another. It is best to call and get a feel for what you are buying. I see where seed on the Wildgrown.com site is reasonable too. I believe many have stated they have had good success with this seed. Just click on \"Order Ginseng Seed/Rootlets\" towards the top of the page and check it out.
Latt

Re:Ginseng Seed Prices 6 years 3 months ago #11203

Yeap I had great success with wild grown the last time.I will be ordering from them again.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterHillhopperjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and one member online