2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: How much seed do I need to plant my patch in the trees?

How much seed do I need to plant my patch in the trees? 15 years 7 months ago #112

• Kiril
  • Kiril's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all, say I got a patch in the trees 45'x60'=2,700sq.ft. How much seed should I get? Will a pound be enough?
Thanks

Kiril

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:How much seed do I need to plant my patch in the trees? 15 years 7 months ago #116

Kiril wrote:

Hi all, say I got a patch in the trees 45'x60'=2,700sq.ft. How much seed should I get? Will a pound be enough?
Thanks

Kiril

This can vary as the number of seeds per pound can vary- there can be from 5 or 6 thousand seeds per pound to 8-9 thousand/ pound. If you plant a seed every three inches you could use up 5-6 pounds easy but, if planting more scattered. Depending on your budget, get a pound or two and see how far it goes. You can always plant more next year.

Re:How much seed do I need to plant my patch in the trees? 15 years 5 months ago #719

First deside how thick you want to plant. The best way to calculate this is to decide how many plants per square foot do you want? I plant 10 to 12 SEEDS per foot. 2700 X 10 seeds per foot = 27000 seeds divided by 7000 is 3.85 pounds.

A better way is to decide what you can afford to purchase then figure the math from there. Prepare enough area to plant that many seeds. The land is too valuable to waste space by planting to thin.

MMG

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds

Who's Online

We have 331 guests and no members online

Login