2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your 3 leaf beds (HillHopper)

Re:Your 3 leaf beds (HillHopper) 12 years 8 months ago #11632

ill have to go to another spot and check on them in the next few days, these plants here are in the same area as the last pic, they all still look pretty healthy to me
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Your 3 leaf beds (HillHopper) 12 years 8 months ago #11638

greenupcountydigger,

Those do look to be doing fine.

I bet you got more rain than we did this year. The heat and dry here has made it tough on my 3 leafers, some look OK, some have just passed on from the heat/dry.

You may want to consider spacing yours out a little more.

You could transplant some of those that are bunched up late in the year, either this year or next. As long as they are looking healthy would probably be Ok to wait until next fall to transplant to thin them out some.

Scotts book says to plant at 4-5 seeds per sq ft, and you should end up with 1-2 per sq ft at maturity. Looks like some of yours is a bit thicker than that.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:Your 3 leaf beds (HillHopper) 12 years 8 months ago #11731

i thought bout that when i put the seeds out , i put out around a 1/4 pound of seed on another part of this property and about a month after i did it they came through and pretty much clear cut it , so i never did find those, but i did get lucky, i covered a rock thats about 5 foot off the ground and around 8 ft by 10 ft in size with seeds , the rock had maybe 2 or 3 inches of coal black dirt on it and id guess 90% of those seeds came up

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Who's Online

We have 129 guests and no members online

Login