2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking forward to planting this fall!

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11836

FTB,

about 8 seed per sq foot

rootman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11837

FTB,
If you can get a one half \" of dirt over it would be nice and rake back what leaves you take off or combination of both dirt and leaves would be easier.

rootman

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11839

Rootman

Thanks...

Thats was pretty much the game plan.This being my first time planting seed i'm just trying to get some things right..LOL...The seed came from a good dealer so I hope the germination rate is good.

Like I stated before I got to plant alot of small beds in alot of areas and kind of hide them.

Thanks again ...Frank

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11846

I have 8# ordered. I planted a half # late this spring with poor results. Im hoping the fall planing does better.

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11864

koolrayz wrote:

I have 8# ordered. I planted a half # late this spring with poor results. Im hoping the fall planing does better.

koolrayz,

I tried planting a .lb in the spring and had poor results also.
Fall planting is the best.

rootman

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11908

Tis fall's planting will be the first fall planting of the area I'm going in. Got a late winter planting in this past Feb, and had low germination rate.

Last fall, I was simply unable to get the fall planting done, due to family circumstances and emergencies. However was determined to get in it the ground and get the plan started. We put 5 lb.s in the area that I'm going to replant this fall. Plus -- going to expand the area behind my house, and diversify a bit by trying seed beds in my greenhouse this year. That's what the 6th lb is for.

Good luck to all!

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11910

I dont know your specific circumstance Whitjr but Ginseng will burn to a crisp in a greenhouse. I tried it under 65% shadecloth in an open greenhouse with my Japanese Maples and by mid to late June they actually turned red before burning up.

Hillhopper

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 7 months ago #11924

Yeah, I was wondering if this was such a good idea after all. I think I'm just going to pland some \"mobile\" seed beds, overwinter them there in the g-house, and then move them out to the treeline there in April.

Thanks for your input...

Re:Looking forward to planting this fall! 12 years 5 months ago #14982

Koolrayz,
Did you plant that 8 lbs yet this fall? How did it go. Do you still have all that wild dwarf ginseng growing all over the place too?
Thanks,
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 151 guests and no members online

Login