2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: GROWING for a LIVING (who actually can do it ? )

Re:GROWING for a LIVING (who actually can do it ? ) 9 years 10 months ago #28613

You might want to sell the book now as they are now over $40..00 used.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:GROWING for a LIVING (who actually can do it ? ) 9 years 10 months ago #28614

Fellows, It has been some time since I read this post and in going back over it I found a comment that really rang true for me. I think all of you should go back and read the comments made and keep in mind what has been found to be true of this company. It might cost you if you don't.

I will have to chime in on that one. To this day those two still owe me money for a shipment of roots I sold to them. Im not talking about 10 or 20 dollars either,way more. After they got what they wanted they completely ignored any phone calls or emails and I have never heard from them again. Also, another member here which is a good friend of mine ordered seed from them and about a pound of the order was sand when he received the shipment. Did they make it right? Sure, with a bunch of floating,diseased seed that didn't germinate. To say the least, they have no business ethics whatsoever in my opinion. I personally, wouldn't order a cup of coffee from those two.

Hillhopper

Last year I decided to try some seed and rootlets from this company to have a variety of plants growing at home and in the mountains. I bought one pound of seed and 50 rootlets that were 4 years old. Not one seed germinated and only 9 of the rootlets came up. I was apparently sold either green seed or bad seed and rootlets that had dried out before shipping. That is a loss of quite a bit of money and time. Knowing how he had treated Hill, I did not even try to get him to make it good. I felt it would be wasting time. A lesson learned.

Hugh

Re:GROWING for a LIVING (who actually can do it ? ) 9 years 10 months ago #28616

Thanks for the feedback Hugh,
Every time i visit his website i feel like i am trying to navigate an overgrown corn maze blindfolded. ADVICE to everyone out there
Unless you are able to go and pick the seed off of the plant yourself you better just assume they came off of a large cultivated farm, period. Don't pay a premium for standard issue.

Re:GROWING for a LIVING (who actually can do it ? ) 9 years 9 months ago #28840

I'm interested in this idea. It really bugs me that it's always about quantity, not quality. There is a market in Asia for beautiful, aged, and well dug roots, but somehow most growers can't get at it. Check out this Ginseng auction on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfrHAuR3JQs
We growers need to band together and find these type of buyers.

Re:GROWING for a LIVING (who actually can do it ? ) 8 years 11 months ago #35410

Just to let everyone know, the 2014 edition for the Growing & Marketing Ginseng, Goldenseal & Other Woodland Medicinals book is available.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 224 guests and no members online

Login