2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: clueless ...

clueless ... 14 years 10 months ago #1323

• sai
  • sai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I'm totally new to growing ginseng so this is a noob question. I've purchased seeds in the winter and planted them before the spring in a hardwood area. Yesterday we were looking at the area to see if anything came up. But since we have no experience at all we are not sure what we are looking at. I've attached two pictures. Anybody could tell me if these are the ginseng plants. They are the ones in center of the pictures: one is with three leaves the other with four. Again they were planted in late January this year from stratified seeds. Thanks for help!

seems like the .jpegs cannot be uploaded so I've uploaded them here:

img196.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=40006625.jpg
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:clueless ... 14 years 10 months ago #1332

sai i am not that good looking at pictures but i do know that the one with your shoe in the pic is definitly not ginseng. The one with your hand in it looks like ginseng. But i would rather look at it personally before giving you a definite answer. I am going to post a pic of a baby seng plant in my patch that came up this year and i didn't even know about. This though is truly wild seng that came from seed stock out of east Kentucky it wasn't purchased seed hope this helps you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

Who's Online

We have 400 guests and no members online

Login