2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: This years seed arriving; let's see some samples!

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13638

Here is a ruler showing what a 3mm embryo looks like. Our wild seed will be shown in the following posts.

Guy
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13639

Guy
Attachments:

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13640

Guy
Attachments:

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13641

Guy
Attachments:

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13642

Our seed is from wild Canadian plants collected many years ago, not field grown and after four to five years growth, you should get roots like these.

Collected as four year transplants.

Guy
Attachments:

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13678

Guy,

That is some nice looking seed/embryo.

And sure is some good looking seng - especially considering they are only 4 years old. It sure has a nice and wild look to it.

I noticed you had 4 year old rootlets for sale on your website order form and at a good price too, but it says, you only sell those in Canada.

Too Bad - I bet they would make some good seed bed roots.

So you can ship seeds out of Canada, but not roots ?

PS - Thanks for sharing the pics and comments.

TNhunter

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13687

TNhunter
According to CITIES neither should be exported.

Guy

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13704

Really nice looking embryos, the roots as well.

What did you use to cut the seed?

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13739

I received my first seed shipment this past Friday. After testing, I discovered out of 15lb that over 1/2 a lb floated. All these showed signs of decay or were hollow. I also tested 300 sinkers and b/w 5-10% of those showed small signs of possible decay (pinhead size brown areas). I have contacted the supplier and they agreed to compensate with the figured amount that would be bad. I informed them that if they didn't test that batch either that they should send 10-20% more than that. I'm uncertain that I should accept this in fear of prior contamination of what were the \" good \" seed from this shipment.

Hillhopper

Re:This years seed arriving; let's see some samples! 12 years 6 months ago #13811

I use a swiss army knife that is very sharp and cut from the bottom of the seed,( the end without the pore). It is tricky but once you get it it's easy. Some guys that farm field grown can do it with there teeth. I think I'll use a knife just in case I burst open one full of ghoo.

guy

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Who's Online

We have 299 guests and no members online

Login