2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: 1 year roots I grew.

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15518

This is about to get ridiculous

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15520

There we go

Hillhopper
Attachments:

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15521

Looks like one of them is gonna be a nice little two year old double topper this coming season.

Attachments:

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15528

Wow Hillhopper,
I have never seen a root this young ever with two growth buds on it, That is amazing!!!!!!
Latt

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15531

It's a new one on me as well Latt.

Hillhopper

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15574

Those look to be about the same size as this ones I dug! When dried, they are really really really small!

thanks for posting the photos.

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15575

Whitjr,
That's a good thing. The larger Rootlets being sold for transplanting are typically sourced from cultivated stock and are carrot like in appearance. Those carrot like roots are bigger but less desirable and less valuable. Your rootlets are good! I am sure you already know this but I just thought any new growers would benefit from knowing that bigger is not always better on rootlets.
Latt

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15593

Whitjr,
Latt is right. Here is a pic of one of my roots I posted awhile back. Although this size root was pleasing to find, it does concern me with too much growth. If these roots could put this much growth on the first couple years and then slow it down it would be great but we will see how it works out in the end.

Hey Latt!
We all know how much you LOVE good dirt.... Check mine out there :lol:

Ahh,,,what would we do if we couldn't aggravate a little

Hillhopper
Attachments:

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15597

Holly cow Hillhopper. I thought that root was laying on a black counter top. Now that you mentioned it, I looked a little closer and realize that is dirt. Is that woodland dirt or dirt you are using to plant expensive Japanese Maples in. lol
Looks like all you fellas have some good soil hidden away in that special secret woods.
Latt

Re:1 year roots I grew. 12 years 5 months ago #15598

Latt,
It's woodland dirt. Now that you mention it, last March I potted up a couple of those maples in this woodland dirt versus my regular jap maple soil I use just to see if there would be any difference in growth . If I can think to take a pic ill post one but the woodland soil pots doubled in growth over the \"specialty\" soil.

Hillhopper

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 159 guests and no members online

Login