2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng Seed Timeline - How Many Seeds From 10 lbs of Seed Planted

Re:Ginseng Seed Timeline - How Many Seeds From 10 lbs of Seed Planted 5 years 11 months ago #15763

I realize that everyone has their own ideas and methods for growing ginseng. I think that i am on track with my goals, the picture shows a mature plant with its off-spring in the lower portion, with the mature plant and 1 new one growing and possible unsprouted seed in the ground i am trying to create a self-populating ginseng crop that will provide a (residual) income. I dont plan on digging for another 3-5 years at that point i hope to quit public work all together and simply wild-craft. By that time i may have some plants producing some 30+ berries, but who wants to buy wild-simulated seed at $240 a pound...surely not me.:woohoo:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng Seed Timeline - How Many Seeds From 10 lbs of Seed Planted 5 years 11 months ago #15828

That's a nice picture, K-Duce.

What sort of public work do you do?

Re:Ginseng Seed Timeline - How Many Seeds From 10 lbs of Seed Planted 5 years 11 months ago #15846

Nothing public as far as govt/civil service Whitjr, unless you want to count 23yrs army and reserve. I currently operate my own small business unrelated to ginseng but it is giving me access to the local asian community.

Re:Ginseng Seed Timeline - How Many Seeds From 10 lbs of Seed Planted 5 years 11 months ago #15849

K_duce wrote:

If you have wild-simulated ginseng, the best advice that i can give you is this: don't count on any meaningful income stream from berries period. i dont anticipate my plants to have 30+ berries until they reach about 15-20 yrs old. Even in wild populations the average seed count for berries is very low until it reaches maturity over 10 yrs. on average in my 13 acres of wild-simulated is about 6-12 berries.

With that being said, i think those numbers look good on paper ;) and would probably work for woodsgrown.

In my opinion for seed production it would probably be better to have seperate crops. wild-simulated is not a good choice for seed production. The woods-grown method would be the better choice.

K_duce,
You have 13-acres of Wild-Simulated ginseng? That is a lot of ginseng. How is it going for you overall? I know you took the 5th on seeds planted. Love to hear from someone thou that is farther along then me on this.
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterHillhopperjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds

Who's Online

We have 144 guests and one member online