2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rootlets Planted Today

Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16961

Got to go to \"The Spot\" today and transplant those 2 1/2 year old rootlets I dug two weeks ago and then transplanted them into this woods today.

This is a pic of the North facing slope. Here is a pic of the area I planted in. This pic shows just a small spot in this large woods.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16962

Here is a pic of one of the roots I planted.
Attachments:

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16963

This is a pic of one row going sideways across the slope with some of the roots in it. I made multiple rows like this sideways across the hill like the rungs of a ladder until all 50 rootlets were planted.
Attachments:

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16964

This is a pic looking down the hill. The rootlets are planted down the hill just past the log. I put the log at the top of the planting bed to form a water break so the rain would not wash the leaf litter away. The planting bed is past the log where I laid the straight branches to hold the leaf litter down. Check out the black loamy soil in front of the log where I scooped it up to meet the base of the log break so the water would not run under the log.
Attachments:

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16966

This is a pic of the planting area looking up the hill. The rootlets are planted just below the log used for a water break.
Attachments:

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16968

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Latt that is just beautiful work there man and the soil is awsome and the color reminds me of sevral areas that I know.Im looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor in years to come the Lords will,Thanks for sharing,

Billy.

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16969

Looks great! Nice woods, and I bet it was really nice getting out there. Are those roots you have grown?

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16973

Thanks Billy!! Yea the soil is really good and I am looking forward to seeing how this woods does. I have planted quite a bit of seed in this woods overall.

Whitjr, yes it was great getting out in the woods today and getting my hands in the dirt. Yes these are rootlets that I grew from seed I planted in Eastern Ohio the fall of 2009. I had posted a pic of them a couple of weeks ago on Hillhoppers topic \"15 Pounds in The Ground\".
www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...e-ground/Page-2.html

Thanks fellas.
Latt

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16981

• BFB
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • North Central, WV
Very nice Latt.

I took those last three pics as a lesson.

Thanks for posting this.

Bill

Re:Rootlets Planted Today 5 years 8 months ago #16982

Latt- I'm glad to see the water brake you put in there. I think it's a great addition.

The ones I put in on the hillside on my beds have been very effective/ There's been some torrential rain last summer before the real dry we had, and some mthis winter as well. I've got zero erosion damages from the weather.

since I have many beds on the hillside, there's brakes above and below each bed. So the below brakes also catch leaves when they wash down, which is a plus.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterHillhopperjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Who's Online

We have 118 guests and 2 members online