2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: showing the changes of Springtime

Re:showing the changes of Springtime 12 years 1 month ago #17095

Damn fellas, You all are making me wish I had planted Apple and Peach trees now. Between both of you Hugh and Maya and other fellas like Hillhopper, TN and others, there is a wealth of accumulative knowledge on this ginseng forum when it comes to fruit trees and grafting your own rootstock etc.

Anybody growing any timber for lumber? I thought about growing some Paulownia Empress Splendor. Any of you fellas familiar with this particular tree grown for lumber? I have researched it quite a bit and it appears to be an amazing tree
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:showing the changes of Springtime 12 years 1 month ago #17096

Latt,
I grew a few Paulownia trees quite a few years ago in one of my blocks of peaches. It is somewhat like growing ginseng in that it takes a lot of care early on and quite a few years to make a harvestable lumber. You generally have to cut it back to the ground a few times to get the strong 20ft. first section of trunk that is so valuble. The next section of growth has to be trained to bud straight in line with the main trunk and that can be a problem. Because there are several buds beginning at the tip of the last growth, it can veer off to another direction if you don't control it early as the buds break. After that, the Asians who buy the lumber prefer that it does not grow too fast so that growth rings are close together. Very similar to ginseng in the wild. Well grown trees bring a huge price.
Hugh

Re:showing the changes of Springtime 12 years 1 month ago #17097

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

Great Pictures of a well groomed and well maintained orchard. It looks like you are out in front with the newest growing technology and varieties. I wish you luck with them and a great year with the seng. John Clemmons will be proud of you.
Hugh

Thanks, John is a good guy and was a lot of help.
Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 547 guests and no members online

Login