2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: A couple questions

Re:A couple questions 11 years 11 months ago #17475

I agree on the iron phosphate vs. the nasty chemical stuff that will kill non-target species. I don't actually use the \"sluggo\" brand, but something else with the same active ingredient. Puts the hurts to those slugs and snails!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:A couple questions 11 years 11 months ago #17477

BCastle

I tried Sluggo the first four years of growing seng. Did not find it holding up to rain at all.

Now if you tried the Deadline that you find in stores and comes in a 3 lb package, that is made by the same company as Sluggo.

www.corrys.com/labels/deadline_rt_3lb.pdf

Now the Deadline That I use does last through 5-6 inches of rain. It is called Deadline MP's and is blue in color. The smallest bag is 10 lbs and Mfg by Amvac, Not the same asthe stuff made br Corry's co.

www.amvac-chemical.com/products/document...ps_specimenlabel.pdf

I have used deadline now gowing on my fourth year around my seng. Far Better than Corry's.

I have some thats had 4.5 inches of rain over the past two weeks and the Blue pellets still holing together well.

As far as Dogs, the only dogs around my plantings are coyote.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll stick with deadline

classicfur

Re:A couple questions 11 years 11 months ago #17478

That's something I was unaware of. I'll try it.

Re:A couple questions 11 years 11 months ago #17479

I went out and checked what I have. It is an iron phosphate based \"green\" product made by Ortho. Granted, I'm only using it on my \"backyard\" patches, so am not using large quantities out on my woods patches. (The woods patches don't seem to be a problem.) One thing I like about using an iron phosphate product is that there are no persistent chemicals soaking into the ground and being taken up into the roots. I get more $$ when I sell my roots as \"organic,\" which the iron phosphate products fall within.

The main thing is that folks should use whatever works best for them in their own situation. Doing NOTHING is the only mistake, in my mind.

Good growing!

Re:A couple questions 11 years 11 months ago #17482

Deadline MP's is the product I use in the woods. Like Classicfur said it will hold well for up to 5 or 6 rains and last longer than anything I have tried thus far with the best results as well. I can promise you that two growers that I talk to often and that I would refer to as experts are using the Deadline MP's blue pellets as well.

I looked up Sluggo and it looks like a good product too. I am just not as familiar with it as I am the Deadline MP's. Here is the link to Sluggo that I had checked out thou.

www.planetnatural.com/site/sluggo.html?opt=2.5%20lb.%20shaker

Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Who's Online

We have 522 guests and no members online

Login