2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: seed producing area

seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18503

the deer have have found and ate quite. a few of my seed producing plants in the past few weeks, but I thought I would share some pics of some that have fought through this tough year.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18504

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18505

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18506

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18507

Looking good 5Prong,
It is not an easy job keeping critters out of our prize patches, but it looks like you're going to have some to plant.
That is just what I finished doing at the house and it is a good feeling of accomplishment.
Hugh

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18508

Nice 5.

I was getting a little concerned my seed producers under shade may have aborted as I have been seeing no seed forming except for the one plant that came up too early.

However, after the rain we got in the past couple weeks, I\"m noticing the other plants are finally starting to set some berries. They look much like yours in the picture at this point.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18519

Thanks guys, I won't count any berries until they have ripened. I last checked on this area 3 weeks ago, and have lost about 20 seed procucing plants since that time when I checked yesterday. There are still about 50 plants left to produce berries, but some of them are younger plants and won't produce a large quantity. A couple of others really suffered through the early drought conditions and the berries have not filled out as of yet. I was kind of surprised by the number of plants that got ate by deer this year. It's no wonder wild plants take so long to produce a decent sized root :) I'll probably work on putting up some more barriers this fall. I think that some strategically placed limbs from some nearby fallen tree tops will help with this some. An electric fence for this entire area is just impractical. I guess the good news is that I don't have to worry about a poacher getting them all this year.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18531

Hey Guys...

I checked out my seed bed this weekend and took a few pics.

The hot dry month of June was hard on em. Now we have had plenty of ran (perhaps to much) in July.

One of my seed bed plants the top has died, a few others just aborted berry production, flower spike just turned brown and died.

Some others seem to have smaller flower spikes, less berries than they should.

Like the one below.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18532

Some of them seem to just be taking forever to make berries... but they still look like they will.

Below are a couple of examples:

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 8 months ago #18533

Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Who's Online

We have 575 guests and no members online

Login