2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: seed producing area

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18908

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18909

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18910

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18911

Attachments:

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18913

5prong,
This has been a terrible year for everything. I'm not seeing very many acorns,hickery nuts or anything on the nut producing trees. If I hadn't had the controlled bed I've got I'm positive the predators would have eaten the seng berries a long time ago.
I would encourage anyone to put some kind of barrier around their plants if at all possible. Maybe fix some transplants you could manage.

rootman

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18918

My KY berries have come and gone. Can't harvest until September and would only plant those. Not going to happen this year.

I have seed plots in some other states that are doing a bit better (and some a bit worse). Berry harvesting is continuing and there are already some in stratification. I'm more concerned with losing roots in the ground in some areas, as the plants died very early, little to no moisture has come along and the ground is bone dry a foot or two down.

I do know these plants are resiliant, but that isn't to say that some old wild-simulated stuff hasn't been lost.

At any rate, I don't sell my seed, but plant it myself, give some away and just enjoy \"loving\" on this plant!

Good luck, all! Looks like some of you (5prong) will have some nice seed to plant next fall.

Re:seed producing area 11 years 7 months ago #18924

My raised beds look much like your pictures there 5. The ones that came up early...and didn't get frosted off...have ripe seeds. The rest of them still look like it will be a while before the berries are red.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Who's Online

We have 464 guests and no members online

Login