2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Anyone else planting yet.

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19577

Rootman,
That is awesome to be able to dig 9 lbs wet already. you must have some really great areas and I am sure you have walked a lot of miles to find that much already.
Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19581

Latt,
Yes, we've walked a few miles. I just made it back from a pretty good round today. Dug 60 roots. But, I'll be honest with you. A lot of my seng is from seed I'd planted 12 to 18 years ago.

rootman

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19754

Just got my stratified seed today. :-))) Looks like planting time is here. 5 lbs is a lot of work, but it's way way better than my real job. Good luck to everyone.

mhowa

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19903

I have not planted any bought seed yet, actually have not ordered any seed yet.

I have been planting some of my seed from my seed producing bed over the past several weeks and this weekend picked the last of the red berries there (on Friday evening) and planted them on Saturday.

I will probably wait until after the wild stuff is down to order some seed and get started planting my wild simulated stuff.

TNhunter

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19905

Yep Rootman,
I already mentioned that I have planted the ripe berries that I grew this season and for the last several days I have been planting rootlets. More focus this year on Wild Tennessee rootlets and I've gotten several hundred of them in the ground now. Since we've run out of sources for strictly wild Tennessee seed I feel this is an area to make some money quickly on seed and rootlets. The idea of selling ripe berries , green seeds, or young rootlets gets my attention and I'm wondering if you have given any thought to doing this from Woods Grown plots, Rootman?
Hugh

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19914

Got a pound of seed and a pound of rootlets in the ground yesterday. After getting 4 pounds in last year im kinda running out of good spots to plant. I also wanted to take it a little easier this year to see if I would get some delayed germination from last years seeds. The results this spring were soso. I'm hoping it was the dry spring and not anything I did.

As far as the rootlets go, these are the first I've ever bought and planted. It's funny how some have decent wild characteristics and some are long and strait as a pencil. O well. I have a feeling they won't have such an easy time growing in my soil as they did from where they came from. And most importantly they will bring me lots of joy watching them come up and grow all summer. Not to mention I'll have some berries to bring with me next Sept.1 and plant while out digging.

Good luck with the planting everyone!

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19918

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

Yep Rootman,
I already mentioned that I have planted the ripe berries that I grew this season and for the last several days I have been planting rootlets. More focus this year on Wild Tennessee rootlets and I've gotten several hundred of them in the ground now. Since we've run out of sources for strictly wild Tennessee seed I feel this is an area to make some money quickly on seed and rootlets. The idea of selling ripe berries , green seeds, or young rootlets gets my attention and I'm wondering if you have given any thought to doing this from Woods Grown plots, Rootman?
Hugh

Hugh, I hadn't really thought about that approach but you know, a person probably could make a few dollars doing that.

Makes me think
rootman

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19919

Rootman,
By the way,I harvested my tops this season and sent them to Dr. Ginseng. I haven't heard back yet. Those nice plants that you are growing beside the building would probably catch his attention.
Hugh

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19921

Hugh,
When did you send them and what is he paying?

rootman

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #19925

Rootman,
I sent them about 3 days ago. I haven't heard back yet , but he was paying $50.00 per pound and maybe more for 5and 6 prongs. Go to his avatar and use his email address if you want to talk with him. Good luck.
Hugh

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 374 guests and no members online

Login