2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Anyone else planting yet.

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 7 months ago #19962

Thanks Hugh,

Well, I've got about 3 more lbs. of seed to plant out of the 5 lbs.
I got my other beds planted in time before the rain set in. They are giving up to 2 inches today and tomorrow. Try to plant more Wednesday if it's not to wet.

Oh yes, My 9 lbs. of green seng give or take a few ounces dried down to 2.5 lbs. so the ratio is more like 3.5 to 1. I always knew it dried a little more than 3 to 1 .

rootman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 7 months ago #19964

Good luck with it Rootman, I hope your able to find some more this season. Let me know if you come up with any new ideas for sales.
Hugh

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #20277

• brucem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hunting Herbs is the Ultimate Personal Experience
I have been planting and transplanting for a couple of weeks,I started out 12 years ago with my patch where I live,I have seedlings and one prongers all the way to four and six prongers,I started out 12 years ago planting on my property about 50 acreas with west banks and natural streams and north side hills I am very pleased with the progress so far,I suggest everyone start their own patch useing only transplanted wild gensing,just put your time into it and plant smart,put your plants in the same type soil you dug them in,of course those well growing long haired big roots, and throw in years of patience and it will pay of good.[file] I have been planting and transplanting for a couple of weeks,I started out 12 years ago with my patch where I live,I have seedlings and one prongers all the way to four and six prongers,I started out 12 years ago planting on my property about 50 acreas with west banks and natural streams and north side hills I am very pleased with the progress so far,I suggest everyone start their own patch useing only transplanted wild gensing,just put your time into it and plant smart,put your plants in the same type soil you dug them in,of course those well growing long haired big roots, and throw in years of patience and it will pay of good.

Re:Anyone else planting yet. 11 years 6 months ago #20329

brucem - You approach is good! However, I'm looking forward to seeing my seed starts do well.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 129 guests and no members online

Login