2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: learned a lesson

Re:learned a lesson 11 years 6 months ago #20184

Borrowed time- I was dismayed to hear of yo9ur loss, and glad to read the there may be some justice for you.

Please don't be a stranger here on the board.

Rootman- VC? Are you planning to set \"traps\"... or just man the wire in case of sappers? I liked your comments a lot! Made me smile....

My partner and I have a neighbor who has \"voulnteered\" to watch the land for us. He's a locally known hooligan, and we are more than a bit leary of him. I don't think he's got a clue what we are up too, however we aren't letting on either.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:learned a lesson 10 years 8 months ago #23477

UPDATE: I thought I would let people interested in this case what happened, I received payment for probably most of the seng, but there was another person involved and the guy caught took the total blame. Trail cameras saved the day, and have put up more. Good investment. I am watching the land, but there is a lot less to look at now. Very depressing.

Re:learned a lesson 10 years 8 months ago #23481

borrowed time,

Glad to hear you got some redemption on your ginseng but I know it's a hallow reward.

rootman

Re:learned a lesson 10 years 8 months ago #23491

Sorry for your loss... glad they were caught. I also have may trail cameras out.

Does it hurt the plant/root or next years growth by cutting the tops after the seeds turn red?

Re:learned a lesson 10 years 8 months ago #23492

Good to hear this update. I need to get some trail cams!

Re:learned a lesson 10 years 8 months ago #23493

The common thought here is no. After a plant has set it's terminal bud for the next year in mid-late July there will be little if any impact to the plant.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 121 guests and no members online

Login