2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago.

i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21975

the plants grew very fast and strong.the largest is now 6'4\" from ground to the top.the ground here is amazingly naturally fertile.plants don't just grow fast here but amazingly large.my question is,is the ginseng i have termed \"cultivated ginseng\"? if yes,what is the sellable value? please.if anyone can please give me info as to direct buyers of my type of ginseng i would truly appreciate it.i have never sold any ginseng before, so in a newbie in that respect.i would like to sell direct to Chinese if possible but anyone you know to be a honest fair buyer would greatly help me.

please send any help or info please.

Clyde Talley:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21978

Welcome to the forum.
I am sure someone will get with you on how to market your ginseng. Those are some very tall plants. Any chance you could post a picture of your ginseng plants along with a couple pictures of the roots? I would really like to see a ginseng plant that tall.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21980

6 ft. ginseng ?ill have some of what hes smoking!lol

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21981

Clyde...

It is quite rare to find a wild ginseng plant more than 2' tall here in the US.

Cultivated and fertilized plants may get larger than that, but still not any where close to 6' 4\".

Post a picture of what you have growing there.

We will be glad to help you determine if it is actually Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) or not.

PS the image below is of a bed of panax ginseng. There are some nice mature plants in that bed, but I don't think any of them are over 2' tall.

Thanks

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21982

ok,i see that no1 believes i have ginseng plants as tall as 6'4\",and i can understand why you'd think that.so,i have photos from my cellphone,i will post them tomorrow.i will think take a tape messure from ground to top to photo and post it,that will verify the height.my ginseng was planted from wild ginseng plants.just check back here mid to late day tomorrow to look at the photos.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21984

Clyde Talley,
That sure sounds like an East Tennessee name. Clyde, I think everyone is anxious to see some ginseng plants the size that you are talking about and most of us wish we could grow some that size. If you really do plan to post some pictures of yours , don't forget to take a look at the instructions about how to post pictures on this website. It is on the opening page of the forum and Tn Hunter has given good instructions on how to resize your pictures so that this website will accept them. Many of the regular members have had trouble doing this so take a look at it and amaze us tomorrow.
Hugh

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21985

I can't wait to be amazed by these pics.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21986

Welcome to the forum!

I will be glad to view your photos, and also have some questions...

1] Have you done any soil analysis on your farm?

2] How much rainfall do you get there?

3] Is the surrounding area jungle-like? How much shade factor do you have?
I'm wondering if there is triple-canopy sort of shade there?

I understand that Cameroon [in Africa] grows some good 'sang, in jungle-like conditions. I've no idea how tall the plants get there, tho.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21990

I envision a plant in a pot 5'6\" off the ground.

Re:i am American and live in the Philippines.i have grown a ginseng farm here.i planted seeds from wild ginseng 6 years ago. 11 years 2 months ago #21995

LOL.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 771 guests and no members online

Login