2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: 80 Days and counting

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22077

Hey fellas,
I think TN may have posted this video in the past but I can't remember for sure. It is a short video and one of my favorites. It shows some really nice mature woods grown seng. I am sure you all recognize the fella with the ginseng tattoo on his arm.

Latt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22078

Hey all you mushroom hunters. I wish Black Truffles were something that grows around here but unfortunately they do not. Look at this link below. It shows a pic of a fella with a table full of large Black Truffles. At over $600 per 1/2 pound I wonder what this table full of Black Truffles is worth. I bet he has over 10 lbs on that table. So they could be worth $12,000 bucks or more.

www.morelmushroomhunting.net/report/curr...hc_report_page1.html

www.elite-gourmet.com/gourmet-food/perig...ruffles-1600101.aspx

Latt

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22081

Pretty cool reading this post... I've been off forum due to a death in the Family. You guys are writing stuff well-worth reading.

I'm looking forward to getting out there again soon. There's some manicuring of the 'sang bed I need to do while the tops are down.

\"Quiet and steady.. growth appears.\"

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22082

It was a absolutely bueatiful day here and I got off work a little early today.

Got out and turned my compost pile for the first time this spring. I usually just pile it up over the winter and let it sit, and then start turning it now and then thru Feb and March so it is good and ready as I start planting stuff.

I raked some of the winter cover off my garden beds too (well one of them)... and it was good to see that soft rich dirt under there. Makes me think of squash, tomatoes and sweet corn... but of course first will come some lettuce, snap peas, green onions (early stuff).

Every day the weather is decent I walk a mile up our long driveway and past the head of a hollow where Cole and I planted a nice bed of ginseng last fall. I keep reminding him that it will not be long now (around 40 days) until our seng starts poping up.

PS... The back of my house, we have a breakfast nook with a large bay window that faces due east. I have been collecting a few pictures of the sunrise off my back porch. Below is one that I thought was just fantastic. It was the morning of Jan 20, 2013 - My Wife and Son's birthday (he was born on her birthday). It was a special treat that morning...

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22084

Looks like you have an awesome place to enjoy your coffee in the morning.

Hey everybody, We have finished my planting as of last night at about seven thirty. The rain was moving in and I new I couldn't get on that slope for awhile so we pushed to finish. Ill post some photos later this evening if anybody wants to have a look.

Hillhopper

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22086

Whit, glad to have you back and so sorry about your loss.

TN, beautiful pic! Look forward to seeing your seng pics this spring.

Hillhopper, glad to hear you have gotten them all planted. Look forward to seeing those pics of your planting beds. Nothing better than having a rain set those seeds in immediately after planting.

Latt

Re:80 Days and counting 11 years 2 months ago #22087

TNHunter- incredible pic! I've found that these kinds of photographs are less about the expensive camera, and 'way more about being \"out there\" to get them. You certainly got one!

Hillhopper... Kudo's for getting that big bag in! I'm sure that the rain will assist you efforts.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 534 guests and no members online

Login