2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Planting completed

Planting completed 11 years 1 week ago #22225

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Hey Guys

Me Caleb and Bill (my two sons) went out and planted around 2000 seeds today

You all know that I am young into my wild simulated exsperience,butt his season I wanted to compare a late planting with the past 2 plantings and see if I like early or late planting the best and to see what 1 of the 2 ways seems to work best in my area....o well it is something to do and I love to tinker with it,we will see how they sprout,how many make it,and how many continue in the next seasons,,,so far my first planting that will be 3 year olds this season came up at about 80 o/o per seed planted after the 2nd season last year I still had about what came up and the 1 year olds held strong as well,,,so this will be my exsperiment to see how they come up and how they hold,,,and compare them with the early planted ones this year as well...I also made sure to plant in different positions on the Mountian....For some reason this realy interst me......

Here is a thought and let me be clear it is my peronal thought no one else told me this ...but at sometime in the future I think our Dep`s of Agg with a goverment decision will shut off digging and transportation of wild ginseng for sevral seasons to let the wild population reproduce its self to keep the wild root from going exstinct in our Nation as it has in others.....That being said I love it so good that this is what actualy caused me to start looking into wild simulated on my own property and in the mountians some day it may be all we have for awhile a few years maybe to see and look at...I most likely will never dig or sell any that I am planting I am doing this for my sons and family,but in the mean time I always want to be able to look at and see the plant that I love so mutch....

If they do not stop the digging at some point then it will be exstinct any way because of so many poachers in every state not letting the berries reproduce and then a man better have a plan or he would have to live the rest of his life without being able to do or see what he loves so much...........

:unsure:

I have been reading along with all the posts about everyones plantings and realy enjoy reading them all.

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Planting completed 11 years 1 week ago #22227

Billy.
I wish you and your boys the best of luck with the plantings. You are right about the Gov. could ban ginseng. You just never know. It's a good idea to plant and keep records for the future in case you want to claim it as wild simulated or whatever catagory a person may have to put it under.

rootman

Re:Planting completed 11 years 1 week ago #22248

Good luck w/ your planting Billy!

I agree w/ you that some day the Feds or states could shut down digging if they feel #'s are down, so wild sim patches can really help to combat them from thinking about it. I've started up patches all over the place. I may not ever dig some of it, but it may help future diggers.

Re:Planting completed 11 years 1 week ago #22257

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Rootman/Maya I sure agree with you

Re:Planting completed 11 years 1 week ago #22260

Billy,

I have never planted any this late... about the latest I planted was late January one year but I did not have much luck with that planting so I have sort of limited my plantings to November (around Thanksgiving) and early December (b4 Christmas)...

I get some vacation days then, and take some extra time off too so that works out good for me to work my planting in.

I do hope that your late spring planting does well. Please be sure and update us on how it does. Would love to see some pictures of it, good or bad... and I do hope that it is all good.

Best of Luck !

TNhunter

Re:Planting completed 11 years 1 week ago #22264

I put 1.5 lb.s in the ground last weekend. as you said, it's the latest I have ever put any in...

Re:Planting completed 11 years 6 days ago #22283

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Tn-

Good Luck with yours to Whitjr

Re:Planting completed 11 years 6 days ago #22284

Hope they do well for you, Whitjr. It will surely cut down on the time for possible rodent predation of any seed.

Hillhopper

Re:Planting completed 11 years 2 days ago #22290

I really hope that these do well. I have no doubt that these were viable, a small percentage were tailing out already. I had left some empty space in patch two to transplant into.. and used it for this.

Here's to a great emergance for all of this year!!!

Re:Planting completed 11 years 1 day ago #22292

I'm planting 1/2 lb in the next few days. The seeds have been in the fridge for a couple weeks and most of them have tails. My only concernis damaging the tails during planting. This will definitely slow me down.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Who's Online

We have 176 guests and no members online

Login