2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-determined shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng patch passed down through the generations.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 4 days ago #22511

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 2 days ago #22520

Just awesome! thanks for posting, I'm in N.E.Arkansas, Have been interested in Ginseng and herbs for years, but did not know how to identify..These being newly emerging plants they look different from late summer & harvest time.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 2 days ago #22522

Nice photos of your plants, LJ125.

I also grow in WNC. Are you near Ashville or Boone?

Good to transplant the plant you saved. hope it does well. Conventional wisdom here on this site is that transplanting is best done in the fall. However saving a plant from certain destruction... I can't imagine waiting to do that for several months.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 2 days ago #22524

Hopefully the top will just die and the root will go dormant till next season like it should.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 2 days ago #22525

West of Asheville in Macon County.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 1 day ago #22529

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Nice pictures Lj125 thanks for sharing

Let me think Wild Ginseng plant in line for certian destruction

Save it or let die ?

No brainer !! Save It !!

Billy.

Re:Ginseng patch passed down through the generations. 11 years 1 day ago #22534

First time in my life I have come across selective timber clearing in National Forest. I haven't looked into why its done but there must be a purpose for the greater good. I know out west it helps with wild fires not being able to spread as easily but I know thats not the case in our mountains. As for looking at it from a wild plant preservation aspect I don't see how it helps.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 462 guests and no members online

Login