2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: wanted to know what you think

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 9 months ago #22976

Thxs for the info TN hunter I have many places on my land to plant.im gonna Trans plant some of these in another spot I dont plab on harvisting for at least 20 yrs n still have three more places to check cant wait

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 9 months ago #22977

Hobbler,
I would have to agree they may be a bit behind but, last year was a tough one for everything, especially for seedlings. Record highs and drought conditions and in the middle of all that, we even had some 30mph winds here for a couple days in the end of June that finally sent my plants down.Most yearlings just worked on surviving rather than building up reserves to grow. That could very well be what set them back. If you really want to get serious about it though, get a soil test done and correct your soil chemistry if need be.

Hillhopper

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23440

Went out to plant my goldenseal seed from latt walked up to check my transplants n got 9 red berries that I planted befire critters get them
Attachments:

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23456

A few pics of what I have here (WV eastern panhandle). The hill is a north to northeast hill. Most of mine is already yellowing. got to resize the pics, will post them soon.

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23502

very nice looking plants.

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23622

Attachments:

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23623

Attachments:

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23624

Attachments:

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23625

Attachments:

Re:wanted to know what you think 10 years 7 months ago #23639

I agree w/TN..... It would be nice to see a few more 2prongs, but hey they do look healthy. To be honest I would prefer to have smaller healthier looking plants than larger ones that look to be struggling. It is pretty common in my area for wild plants to only be 3 leafers their second year, so I really dont see it as much of a set back. With all that being said I agree that it will be 10-12 years til harvest time, but truly thats how long it takes for wild plants around here....

Sorry..... was responding to first page of this topic. Guess im a little tardy:)

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 300 guests and no members online

Login