2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Delimma: what would you do with this? found illegal sales on ebay....

Re:Delimma: what would you do with this? found illegal sales on ebay.... 10 years 7 months ago #23328

For the most part, I agree with those posts above.

I have become in favor of licensing of diggers for some of the reasons above. I agree that education of the idiots is important, but likely not going to work well. So, the only way to ensure education is to license diggers subsequent to an educational program. This can all be done easily online and with minimal costs in states with an online license program. Pay $5, do the educational program, pass the test and print your ginseng license which enables you to sell to dealers who will record the number.

Those who just don't care...well hammer them.

In looking at the KY law, I think there could be a few minor things added which would make all the difference. Simply put, if ginseng is woods grown or cultivated, it should be exempt from the wild ginseng regulations in my mind. However, I do like the breakdown of the KY definitions very much.

But, like KYjabber said, until there is documentation (not necessarily registration) of growers to show a need for chance, it won't happen.

This is where administration meets real world.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Delimma: what would you do with this? found illegal sales on ebay.... 10 years 7 months ago #23335

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationwent on eBay and typed in \"ginseng\" was curious to see. I saw on there where some is listed in New York and some in Pa that is being sold and listed as fresh also. some it still looks wet in the pics and laying on the scales. From what I know, pretty much every place that you can dig ginseng, the season does not start till Sept 1. Am I wrong about the start date of Sept, 1. for ginseng or are there any states that let you dig sooner than Sept 1 ? I hope that there is a way to put a stop to these people who are digging it out of season and then selling it. Its no wonder that in some places those who follow the laws and rules don't get to find much. this is the one that got my attention the most, hope the link works. This person has almost 5 pounds listed!

Re:Delimma: what would you do with this? found illegal sales on ebay.... 10 years 7 months ago #23343

I'm glad to see that people are standing up and speaking. Was beginning to worry that no-body was reading/writing here on the forum... {laughing.. it's a joke!].

The divergent points of view are really interesting to read.

I think that this eBay sale, aside from the illegality, I just gotta say that my first response to it was to contact the seller [as I did]. Then I got to thinking more than a bit that perhaps these sales and sellers are from poached patches belonging to someone I know from this website. From that I imagined how I would feel if my patched were poached, and then ended up on eBay.

I know that I would be realllly pissed off.

I often ask myself what I will do when I catch someone poaching. Gauging my level of response, etc. How much restraint do I need to hold someone I caught red-handed --at gunpoint until the county sherrif gets there?

'course there's an argument for tapping the poacher's ass right then and there, and burying it in a hollow... but that'd be murder.... so while extremely satisifing at the moment, has definate long-reaching implications.... [smile guys, you know you want to].

I also have to agree with Hillhopper, and many others on this post. It's much to think about.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Who's Online

We have 293 guests and no members online

Login