2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Ginseng Nursery

New Ginseng Nursery 14 years 6 months ago #2786

I'm considering starting a private ginseng nursery on a small suburban plot to land I have...just down the street. It gets full sun. I'm wondering what's the most economical way to shade my future plants. I plan on getting good at this...buying some country land and planing them in the woods. I live in Amherst, NY, just north of Buffalo, NY. Any ideas, points of view would be great. I don't have the wooded land yet...so I'd like to get a nice crop of transplants ready so in say 4 years...I could give them a nice home. I'm looking towards a retirement income and homesteading farm life. Regards to all. Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New Ginseng Nursery 14 years 6 months ago #2787

Steve
Not sure on the size of this nursery,anyway your best bet maybe in acquiring used ginseng shade cloth. Surfin,sould help find what will fit your need. As for structural supports, used ware house racks work good, just paint them black, you can find them in bankrupt factory sales. There's a few of them around lately due to you southener's greed...L.O.L...?. I'd use the 80% shade cloth not the 75.

Guy

Re:New Ginseng Nursery 14 years 6 months ago #2835

Buy Scott Persons' book on ginseng,it will instruct you on man made shade. It is not very hard to do but it may be expensive to start. Materials need to last 4 to 7 years.

Good luck.

MMG

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 477 guests and no members online

Login