2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Emergence of 2014

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27937

Fellows,
I took these pictures yesterday afternoon at Panther Creek State Park. Anyone care to guess what they are? They are just emerging.

Hugh
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27938

Here is another that is a closer look. This is the edge of the biggest patch that I have ever seen.
Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27940

Im guessin 1 mayapple and a covey of feral oak leaves???????????????
Just a wild guess :cheer:

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27941

K_Duce,
You are right about the larger plant being a May Apple. I was actually trying to get a picture of some newly emerging Golden Seal plants, but my pictures turned out too small when I resized them. You can't hardly make them out. These patches are located about 1/2 mile from my house and there are 3 or 4 of them that are very large. Hundreds and hundreds of beautiful plants. I'll see if I can come up with some pictures that I took last year of the patches.

Hugh

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27943

Yep i thought that was goldenseal it was too small for me to make out.

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27947

Here is a little better look at what they will look like at the 1st of May.

Hugh
Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27958

U guys r lucky snow just going away here n had so much its flooding now. Hopefully in a few weeks Ican go c all my transplants popin up. Nice pics guys

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27961

Hey guys,
I found my first ginseng plants up today. The first ones last year came up on exactly the same day as this year. We've got some nice days ahead for the rest of the week and I should be seeing lots of new ones.
Hugh

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 1 week ago #27962

Hugh,
I know you were glad to see that. It's amazing how much good a little sprig pushing out of the ground can do a man.:)

I noticed a few on my north slope starting to push through a little today. Your right, given the weather I would say there will really be some activity in the next few days.

Hillhopper

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 6 days ago #27968

I haven't had time to check for any Ginseng plant emergence where I have planted seeds but where I have been Spring Gobbler hunting on TVA lands on Cherokee Lake, I have not seen any either. However, I only checked some areas that I had not ever searched before for Ginseng. I did see a lot of Dwarf Ginseng up and blooming as well as some newly emerged Bloodroot. I have been too busy to look extensively as I have been trying to catch and rescue a female Plot Hound that someone abused and dumped in a TVA Access area. She was nearly starved to death by the time I found her on March 30th. I have fed her nearly every day for 11 days now and although she is getting more trusting of me, I have been unable to catch her and bring her home. I borrowed a large animal trap from the Humane Society but twice, she has triggered the door trip too early and was able to get back out without being caught. I will be back there tomorrow in hopes she got trapped after we left today or gets trapped overnight but if not, I will remove the trap and continue to try to gain her trust.

Frank

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 140 guests and no members online

Login