2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Emergence of 2014

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 4 days ago #27972

You are a good man, Charlie brown. Save that DaWG!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 4 days ago #27974

Whitjr wrote:

You are a good man, Charlie brown. Save that DaWG!

I have tried to no avail! At this point I am at a loss as to what to try next. I went back this morning but she (the female Plot Hound) apparently never went even close to the trap in the 22 hours I was away. I have made 10 trips at over 70 miles per trip and my patience and gas funds have about run out. I can't even Spring Gobbler hunt there as she will fall in behind me and follow me everywhere I go. However, she will not come close enough to me so that I can catch her. I went ahead and fed her this morning since the food was in the trap for three days and I know that she was really starved. I also removed the trap and returned it to the Humane Society. If anyone has any ideas, I am willing to consider any of them. I even tried a snare this morning to no avail. I am hoping that I can talk the Animal Control Officer for that County to catch her, then call me so that I can pick her up and take her home. I will even pay him a reward for doing so, so that gives him some incentive to catch her. I am worried about her because as soon as TVA raises the water levels on Cherokee Lake see will be somewhat trapped on the other side of a quarry which gets filled with water. Once that happens, the only way for her to get to me and her food will be either to swim across or go around above the quarry. I really don't want to go around above the quarry to get her to follow me to the other side. With my' bad back and legs it is hard enough to hike a hillside much less one with a dangerous quarry with an 80 foot or more drop. I actually went around the quarry a few years back and because it was wet, I slipped and nearly went off into the quarry. Please give me some ideas.

Frank

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 4 days ago #27975

How about attempting the capture with two or three assistants? perhaps you could herd the dog into a place that was set up to capture her.

altho, it occurs to me that if this dog has been abused by some man in it's past, it may never never come to you. Maybe a woman's touch might prove valueable here?

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 4 days ago #27976

Whitjr wrote:

How about attempting the capture with two or three assistants? perhaps you could herd the dog into a place that was set up to capture her.

altho, it occurs to me that if this dog has been abused by some man in it's past, it may never never come to you. Maybe a woman's touch might prove valueable here?

Whitjr,

It is really hard to get anyone to go with me! If we could get her to walk up into the old Quarry, then it is possible that 3 people could corral and catch her. I just don't want to make a bad situation (her's) any worse than it already is! I took my middle daughter with me on Thursday but the dog stayed even further away since she doesn't know my daughter yet. Tried the same thing last Sunday with two of my grandsons and it did not work either. Maybe if I can afford to go up every two or three days to feed her, she may finally come to me after a few more weeks. Although she has some scars from the abuse and what appears to be bullet holes in her' ears, she is a good dog and a fine hound with a great nose (see pic). As you can see, I have even taken my' Beagle Hound in hopes that she would come to me.

Thanks!

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 4 days ago #27979

Maybe u can find someone to tranquilize her or try to get the media envolved some others have got to have a heart as big as yours frank I wish u the best of luck n hope u get her

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 3 days ago #27981

Hobler666shang wrote:

Maybe u can find someone to tranquilize her or try to get the media envolved some others have got to have a heart as big as yours frank I wish u the best of luck n hope u get her

Hobler,

Thanks! I believe that with an award incentive, the Animal Control Officer may be the best solution. I fear that if the media got involved, then the person that abused her and dumped her out, might see the coverage and fear that she might trace back to them. If that happened, then they might sneak in when no one is around and kill her and bury her.

Frank

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 3 days ago #27983

Ur probably right about the media frank n they prob would kill it since she already has bullet holes in her. Good luck to ya again

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 3 days ago #27985

Fellows,
I did a scouting trip this morning and I took some pictures of some emerging plants that I need some help at identifying. Take a look at these and see what you think. The closest that I could think of was Sarasparilla and that doesn't really match pictures on Google search.
Hugh
Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 3 days ago #27986

And another view.
Attachments:

Re:Emergence of 2014 10 years 3 days ago #27989

hugh its hard to tell in the picture bein still folded up but kinda looks like rattlesnake fern to me.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and no members online

Login