2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Berries Turning Red

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29049

Interesting. Redbeard, what part of what state are you in? (if you don't mind saying)

I checked on my stuff today as well. 99.9% still green as you will see in the pictures below. However, I did find two plants that had red berries.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29057

Bcastle
I love how big ur leaves r on ur plants very purrty.

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29058

Thanks. That's something else I've noticed too. Not paid attention enough to know if it is a trait or not, but it seems the plants that are ripening seeds now have narrower leaves.

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29059

Thanks. That's something else I've noticed too. Not paid attention enough to know if it is a trait or not, but it seems the plants that are ripening seeds now have narrower leaves.

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29060

Brad,
I'm in east central ky. Appalachian foothills. Today I was out in the woods and the very first berries are setting on and their halfway grown on the wild sang. The Wisconsin plants are almost done. I planted about 100 more seeds off of them today. Everyone watch your patches closely now. This past weeks cool spell has the thieves out. They're digging already.
Redbeard

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29071

Redbeard wrote:

Brad,
I'm in east central ky. Appalachian foothills. Today I was out in the woods and the very first berries are setting on and their halfway grown on the wild sang. The Wisconsin plants are almost done. I planted about 100 more seeds off of them today. Everyone watch your patches closely now. This past weeks cool spell has the thieves out. They're digging already.
Redbeard

Redbeard
They have been digging since early May. Like I stated in an earlier post. Maybe only fresh dug ginseng at 10 years old, can be sold during legal digging season is the only way to curb this illegal digging.

Re:Berries Turning Red 9 years 9 months ago #29081

Nice photos! I'm looking forward to seeing some on mine someday...

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 524 guests and no members online

Login