2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Growing ginseng in my greenhouse

Growing ginseng in my greenhouse 15 years 6 months ago #320

• Liz
  • Liz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi again fellow ginseng growers!
I have just ordered ginseng seeds and would like to start growing them in my greenhouse this month. What do I need to do to encourage them to sprout now? (since I have read that they need to endure a winter before they sprout.)

Liz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Growing ginseng in my greenhouse 15 years 6 months ago #466

I don't think that I would try that. Ginseng really needs to be exposed to the seasonal cycles to live and be of decent quality. If you want a couple of \"pets\" then maybe put a few seeds in the fridge for a couple of weeks and then plant them. They may not live for more than a year or to though.

Re:Growing ginseng in my greenhouse 15 years 5 months ago #471

Liz wrote:

Hi again fellow ginseng growers!
I have just ordered ginseng seeds and would like to start growing them in my greenhouse this month. What do I need to do to encourage them to sprout now? (since I have read that they need to endure a winter before they sprout.)

Liz

Liz, I am not sure why you want them to sprout now in a green house? I don't know if they would sprout at any time until their biological clock tells them to. Is there a reason to not plant them outside in the woods?

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 151 guests and no members online

Login