2017 Fall/Winter Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping until sold out. Order your seed today!
* Ginseng Rootlets: SOLD OUT
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown)

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32190

Still laughing at you guys.... BAWAHAHAHA!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32197

Whitjr wrote:

That's pretty interesting.

I would like to read the study details... The science part. Is that possible? I come from a medical background.. And reading scientific articles is something I am used to.

Not attempting to ask you to prove anything..... Just for my personal info.

Thanks for posting this, Vermontshang.

Exactly.

To locate a scientific study one needs the information ...such as title, date published, publication, and/or author's name.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32269

eat some ginseng... good for ya

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32318

This has me curious as I'm in VA and my seed for the last 2 years has come from Wisconsin. Would someone please email me a southern supplier I would like to try some anyway. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32320

Let me throw this out there for a few who might not be aware. Just because you buy seed from someone in a particular state, doesn't mean that seed does not come from somewhere farther north...like Wisconsin or Ontario.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32321

True! Good point

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32329

After thinking about this for a couple of days.... I really don't think that there are southern suppliers of seed, at least not in any sort of quantity. For example, if I wanted to buy 10 pounds or so of seed, I think that Ohio or Maryland would be the most southern locations I could find it.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32335

Whitjr wrote:

After thinking about this for a couple of days.... I really don't think that there are southern suppliers of seed, at least not in any sort of quantity. For example, if I wanted to buy 10 pounds or so of seed, I think that Ohio or Maryland would be the most southern locations I could find it.

Growers in MO. sell there seed.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32380

I believe it is still from the north.

Re:Seed Sources - southern seed supplier (wild sim or woods grown) 3 years 1 month ago #32395

Morning folks..

It was a tough work week, had a big project to get done and a lot of OT.

Glad the weekend is here.

I am up early, going to get some breakfast and hit the woods again. Those yellow beauties are out there calling me.

I have not checked any email sent to the address on my wildgrown account. I actually hardly ever check that email. I mostly set it up to catch all the notifications from this site, but do not use that email address. I will check it when I get a chance this weekend.

I did find someone that sells seed from over in Missouri (which is just a little north of me, but more west than I am).

This might be a good fit. Checking into it.

I have emailed them to check on seed prices and to get more info on their seed source.

Here's to a good weekend. Love these cool morning... and based on what I saw on Monday evening on a short hunt at my neighbors place... a lot of seng is yellowing now. Just love to find em like that.

TNhunter

Moderators: lattTNhunterHillhopperjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 119 guests and 2 members online