2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive??

Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32352

Its the only additive besides leaf compost that I use. Anybody else use this?? For those wondering here's the Wiki story on it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycorrhiza
I've had Great luck against disease's where its been used as in Zero, and the plants look so much healthier it seems to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32355

I use it for my beans in the garden it attaches to the roots and helps plant absorb nutrition. Really works great for legumes I can't tell you anything as for ginseng
The mycorrhiza need to be fed simple sugars I use plain old black strap molasses.
The forest floor is loaded with mycorrhiza already
Adding would prob just be overkill.

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32356

I use it for my beans in the garden it attaches to the roots and helps plant absorb nutrition. Really works great for legumes I can't tell you anything as for ginseng
The mycorrhiza need to be fed simple sugars I use plain old black strap molasses.
The forest floor is loaded with mycorrhiza already
Adding would prob just be overkill.

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32358

GMCPaul
I am glad to hear you speak of this as I have some already and intend on using it next year. Do you soak your seeds in it too? How, when and how often do you use it on your plants etc.
Thanks and here is what i cut an pasted below about the product I have.

Re:Microrhyzal communities and their relation to the Cosmos.... 1 Year, 9 Months ago
Whit,
I bought some of the same stuff Classicfur was using and recommended back then. The lady on the phone at the company was really nice to talk to. She had a wealth of knowledge about the product. I have only used it in some of my plantings and have yet to determine if there is a difference since I have not used it for very long. There is a water soluble powder that you mix a small amount of powder with water and it goes a long. There is a granulated product that you can broadcast. I bought the water soluble product and soaked my seeds with it. The water soluble product that you mix is also good for foliage application as well where the granulated is only good for broadcasting on the ground. Kelly send me a trial size bottle of the granulated for free. Both have merit thou.
Here is the _link_ to the Plant Helper product.

www.ampacbiotech.net/products/Labels/Flowable%20Label.jpg

I cut and pasted this below from Classicfur's post:

I purchased some of the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE direct from the manufacturer and was able to talk to Kelly, one of the head people and she was alot of help with questions I had. And they will sell small quantities and a small amount will cover a large area.
Here is some of Ampac TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE pages:

www.ampacbiotech.net/research/ging1.html

www.ampacbiotech.net/research/ginseng/ginsengslide.html

www.ampacbiotech.net/products/Flowable/flowable.htm

www.ampacbiotech.net/Articles%20&%20Pubs/trich.html

I feel that the biggest advantage with the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE is that it can get growing in the cold soil before the bad fungi has a chance to start growing in the spring.

I'm pretty excited to see the results of using this product.

classicfur

If you click on the www.ampacbiotech.net/research/ging1.html and click on the next page it will show you Pictures and results of when this product is used on specifically on GINSENG. The second _link_ below shows some impressive results of roots that have been treated with the product verses roots that have not. www.ampacbiotech.net/research/ginseng/ginsengslide.html

Makes me wonder why I do not use it on every seed I plant from here on out with results like these.
Thanks,
Latt 12/13/12

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32360

WOW Latt glad you posted about the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE, I've been looking for something Exactly like this as I won't use chemical fungicides or fertilizer.
This is my 2nd year using Mycorrhiza with my ginseng. I did a few control test patches last year and again this year using the broadcast method before a heavy rain on existing plants and they all had the deepest coloring of any of my other ginseng this year and were among the last ones to remain green ( in fact at least half were still green when we hid them with leaf compost ) the majority all remained standing instead of 1/2 or more resting on the ground from wind, rain, animals, etc.... so the stems seemed stronger and upon examination of the roots they appeared extremely healthy. I've never soaked my seeds in it nor heard of doing this. I do have a raised bed behind my place that we use to raise seedlings for transplant and in it I mixed the mycorrhiza, sand, leaves composted in to dirt along with mulched leaves, limestone gravel, hardwood bark, and good rich bottom ravine dirt.
They LOVED IT. Every root we've transplanted from it was so healthy and again the plants were a deep rich blue green color and so vibrant with strong stems.
Its available in a 25lbs bag for $127.00 which I find extremely reasonable for the results I saw last year and this year.

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32361

GMCPaul,
Wow sounds like you have had great results. Is the Mycorrhiza the same stuff as the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE? I mean the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE is a Mycorriza fungi if I am not mistaken. Perhaps its the same stuff and the stuff I posted about is super cold resistant. I like the sound of $127 for a 25 lb bag. What brand do you use and where can we get it? I bet a 25 lb bag can go a long ways to inoculate a large are of land with the good Mycorriza fungi that kills the bad fungi and disease.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32368

From what I've learned since you posted this info the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE is definitely not a Mycorriza, its is a genus of fungi and so is Mycorrhizae and both are found naturally in soil and that it also acts like Mycorrhizae by forming a mutualistic/symbiotic bond with the root but the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE acts as a natural fungicide in the soil that fights the pathegeons in the soil that cause the diseases that ginseng and other plants suffer from. Where as the Mycorrhizae also forms a mutualistic / symbiotic bond with the roots they come in contact with allowing them to more easily access and uptake the available nutrients that are in the soil. So basically what it does is as a microorganism it will bond with the root then it will help in converting the elements in the soil to a more easily absorbed form so that it promotes better nutrient uptake. Studies have also shown that when there are high levels of nitrogen or other chemicals in the soil it will help to block the uptake of excess amounts of that nutrient then if the situation changes it then helps increase the uptake of the nutrient it does this by in its symbiotic relationship using the plants leaves to absorb the sun light it needs living in the soil to get the carbs needed for it to survive then because the Mycorrhizae is having this symbiotic relationship with the root it allows the root easier intake of water & nutrients promoting a healthier root system because the Mycorrhizae is microscopic its got greater surface area allowing it to more readily access the available nutrients in the soil & moisture more easily. Google it and hit that wiki link I provided I'm sure you'll be happy from my initial experiences with I'm pleased. I'm guessing high levels of Mycorrhizae in the soil contribute to those oh so nice roots we find here and there in some soils. Now another 3-4 years will tell the story on that I hope in my test patches then I'll expand from there if the roots do not show sign of looking cultivated and heavy from to rapid a growth but instead just show that healthy wild growth that's so desired. Bet NY, VT, NC all have high levels of these in their soil as levels of these in the soil naturally can vary dramatically.
heres the link to 25lbs bags for $127.00
www.plantsthatproduce.com/gm-myco-grow-2...H4UVFJS8WRoCDNzw_wcB

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32382

Thanks for all the info.
LAtt

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32907

Latt wrote:

GMCPaul,
Wow sounds like you have had great results. Is the Mycorrhiza the same stuff as the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE? I mean the TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE is a Mycorriza fungi if I am not mistaken. Perhaps its the same stuff and the stuff I posted about is super cold resistant. I like the sound of $127 for a 25 lb bag. What brand do you use and where can we get it? I bet a 25 lb bag can go a long ways to inoculate a large are of land with the good Mycorriza fungi that kills the bad fungi and disease.
Thanks,
Latt

Latt after looking Everywhere I can only find Ampac Biotech as being the only supplier of TRICHODERMA ATROVIRIDE, so are they the only source you found that sells it also??? I've looked & looked and can't find anyone retailing it.

Re:Anyone Else use Mycorrhiza as a additive?? 9 years 6 months ago #32928

That's the only one I saw.
Thanks,
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and no members online

Login