2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Planting yesterday!

Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33183

Hey guys- me and Klaus were out yesterday planting. Got 2.25 lb.s in before it was time to go hunting. I've poster some photos of our work out there....

I plan to go out today in just a little bit to continue, no hunting today...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33184

Well, can't upload from here... Photos can not be reduced in size out here where I'm using only my iPad... So those will have to wait until I get back home tomorrow .

I am planting 9 lb.s this time around.

By the way, I got a big doe yesterday in one of my other patches... One less deer to eat my 'sang!!!

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33185

Congrats Whitjr on the big doe and getting 2.25 pounds in. That's a good days work for sure. I'm hoping to get in a pound or two today. Too much rain here has put me behind. Does klaus do the raking or the covering back up?
Redbeard

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33187

I got another 3 lb.s in today. Still can't upload yet, that will wait 'til I get home tomorrow.

Thanks Redbeard.

I'm sitting here as I write this across from our north facing slope where the patches are. I can see into the woods where my patches are... And am watching deer go in and out of them. I'm not hunting today, however have made note of where this herd came in at, and maybe I can get one tomorrow!

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33211

Well, too tired last night when i got in to process photos and upload, so here goes....

Photo below: a shot of one traversing bed across the mountainside. this is not an upward shot, like it looks, this is across the mountainside. It's a 30* + slope.

This one half of a traverse. Beds are around 70 - 80 feet long x 7 feet wide.
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33212

Photo below: another view of the slope we are planting. this patch is about a little less than an acre. working on it I feel lile I need to have one leg shorter than another... you guys know what i mean!

the bare ground in the center is a traverse that is freshly raked, in prep for planting. 'Way behind that is the fencing we created out of removed rhododendron, it's usually about 4' wide by 5 - 8' tall, and is a big assist in deer controll.
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33213

Came across this log in this patch. It's blue! I'm guessing this is some sort of mold, however don\"t have a clue as to what kind. anyone out there know something about this?
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33214

Another view of the blue log...
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33215

Photo below: The other side of this patch. our traverses go all the way across the patch, and have downfall branches/treetrunks placed to act as rainstops used for erosion controll.
Attachments:

Re:Planting yesterday! 9 years 5 months ago #33216

My planting buddy Klaus approves of the seed density in a bed.
Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 511 guests and no members online

Login