2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: first time seeding

first time seeding 9 years 5 months ago #33237

I greatly appreciate your guy's opinions. I have planted approximately 15/20 mature plants this fall. In different locations around a small parcel of land. Everything I read about planting seeds says to plant in a patch. I would really like to plant 4/5 small patches (50-60 seeds) spread out on different hillsides and some area's that I feel confident they can thrive. However I don't wanna make a large investment on seeds only to find out I can't stop deer browsing or poaching. I can keep a really good eye on it. But anything can happen. I look forward to hearing from you experienced growers. Thanks and keep your diggers shatp!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:first time seeding 9 years 5 months ago #33241

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You will never be able to stop deer or poaching completely. You can manage it to an extent, but that's about it.

I think many smaller test plots are the way to go initially. It shortens your learning curve without excessive losses caused by planting where the ginseng doesn't want to grow. Most guys plant test patches with 100 or 200 seeds or so. Some more like 2 ounces of seed (about 800-900 seeds).

Re:first time seeding 9 years 5 months ago #33242

Thanks..... I appreciate it. Trust I wanna venture but the Misses isn't neciserally on board.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 85 guests and no members online

Login