2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Person's Book

Person's Book 9 years 2 weeks ago #34703

I am going to be ordering this book and in researching it I found a 2007 and 2014 version. Does anyone have the 2014 version (trying to make sure it's the same information). Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Person's Book 9 years 2 weeks ago #34705

Dr. Person's original books came out in 1986 and 1984. The second book with Dr. Davis was in 2004 with a new version in 2014. I would get the most recent you can as the information Scott contributed is much the same but updated some.

Re:Person's Book 9 years 2 weeks ago #34707

Okay thanks. ...just ordered it

Re:Person's Book 9 years 2 weeks ago #34708

Interesting book. I'll definitely have to order this when/if I get into growing one day. I've Pritt's Ginseng book on my list to buy sometime soon.

Re:Person's Book 9 years 1 week ago #34710

Person's book is a very good ginseng guide to growing and I have read every other book out there that has been written.
Still, It takes hands on experience. Look for the very best factors for growing. Cool side of the mountain, nice slope, maple and poplar trees and nice loamy soil.

rootman

Re:Person's Book 9 years 1 week ago #34716

Now that you've made a post recently, here's my chance to say hello. I just wanted to say that I love your username. Also, it appears we are both in VA. What area if you don't mind me asking?

Re:Person's Book 9 years 1 week ago #34717

Very true. Good advice, thank you.
rootman wrote:

Person's book is a very good ginseng guide to growing and I have read every other book out there that has been written.
Still, It takes hands on experience. Look for the very best factors for growing. Cool side of the mountain, nice slope, maple and poplar trees and nice loamy soil.

rootman

Re:Person's Book 9 years 1 week ago #34719

I'm currently living in Suffolk. ..but am retiring this year and will be purchasing land in SW Virginia ASAP (hopefully by Christmas). Thanks for the welcome...what part are you from?

Re:Person's Book 9 years 1 week ago #34720

Ah that sounds great. I'm from central VA. Richmond area. I try to get out West as much as I can to Charlottesville and farther. And, I'd really like to hike more in the Roanoke area sometime soon. May have to stay a few nights though because of the distance.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 506 guests and no members online

Login