2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up

Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 9 years 5 hours ago #35131

Anyone from Ohio or other states near the 40 degree line west of the appalachian peaks have any seng up yet? Just checked my rootlet and seedling beds and nothing yet except mayapple spears (unopened) and curled cohosh just popping up. No signs of goldenseal, however not really sure what they look like at this early stage. If anyone has a sprouting seal pic to share I would greatly appreciate if you posted it.

Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 9 years 4 hours ago #35134

If ur place is anything like mine, the mayapple spears were poping up April 4th I seen my first seedlings April 13th and the bigger plants started April 15th. Mayapple here is about 15\" tall now. I'm a little south from you but if the plants don't lie give it 12-15 days

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 9 years 33 minutes ago #35139

I am around the 39 degree line in ohio and I have some up.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 8 years 11 months ago #35141

Sysbee: Thanks. That really helps by showing a timeframe in relation to the mayapple. I saw some taller (10\"+-) down on the Ohio River valley Saturday a few miles north of me even, but things are usually between 1 and 2 weeks ahead down in the valley compared to my locale. I've seen ripe large zucchini from down there when mine just started blooming!

Terry: Good to know. Thanks for the info and sharing the pic of that healthy specimen. According to your pic and Sysbee's info I should be seeing some within 1 to 2 weeks. Very anxious to see life from all the effort I've put in so far.

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 8 years 11 months ago #35146

I'm in north central Ohio. I've not seen anything up yet. Not been to the woods yet to look, but the beds here at the house are still chilly below the mulch. The 2s are starting to form necks getting ready to break through though. Not a peep yet from seedlings, older stuff, or goldenseal.

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 8 years 11 months ago #35168

Thanks Brad. Looks like it won't be long.

Jim

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 8 years 11 months ago #35172

I agree. I looked this morning and the 2y cultivated (and experimental bed) are starting to pop through. But still nothing from anything else. Well, with the exception of a couple false unicorn plants.

Re:Ohio Seedlings, Rootlets Up 8 years 11 months ago #35199

About 25%-30% of mature plants up in SE Ohio as of last weekend. Both wild and wild-sim. Seedlings just coming up.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds

Who's Online

We have 298 guests and no members online

Login