2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Action in Western Va/WV

Action in Western Va/WV 13 years 11 months ago #3545

Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is growing in my area along the western Virginia/West Virginia border.
I was excited to find my Fall '09 patch comin' along nice. Out of roughly 100 three-year-old rootlets, it looks like every one of them made it, they all stand around 3-4 inches and appear pretty healthy. I planted the rootlets on a fairly steep eastern facing slope of a ridge (in hopes of making the sang less accessible to critters), in furrows about every 2 feet. I spaced the rootlets about two feet apart, thinking I can fill in the gaps down the line if I need to, (room to grow is the one thing I do have right now.)
No doubt, Larry H. is the man, I took all his generous advice and things are comin' along fine. I'll try and remember to bring a camera next time I'm out there and post some images. Best of luck this season ya'll.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Action in Western Va/WV 13 years 11 months ago #3547

Very nice Sanger!

If you dont mind me asking, where did you source your rootlets from?

Re:Action in Western Va/WV 13 years 11 months ago #3555

The posting titled 'Source' is the response to your question, Larry Harding in Friendsville, Maryland.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Who's Online

We have 545 guests and no members online

Login