2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: How much ginseng seed?

How much ginseng seed? 8 years 10 months ago #35550

I have a raised bed i curently have 10 goldenseal roots, 10 bloodroot roots and 2 ginseng plants planted in and im looking at spreading some ginseng seed in the bed and i was wondering how much seed to purchase, the dimensions of the bed are 124 inches length and 64 inches wide. I was thinking maybe 50 seeds assuming that about half the seed make it, that means 25 plants should come up next spring. The soil quality should be good the bottom is clay soil mixed with composted wood chips, composted leaves and a little soil straight from the woods, the top layer is spent mushroom soil with more composted leaves on top. If anyone has any ideas for this bed of what more i should try and grow or ideas on how much seed is enough seed for this bed please get back to me. Thanks - Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:How much ginseng seed? 8 years 10 months ago #35555

I would put in 200 ginseng seeds at approx 4 seeds per square foot.
Latt

Re:How much ginseng seed? 8 years 10 months ago #35557

I think you need to take a trip into some hardwoods nearby and obtain a 40lb sack of the soil there under the leaves. mix it in with your mix, and the plants you get in it will likely do better. Just IMHO.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 77 guests and no members online

Login