2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: 6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter)

6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35789

Hey Folks...

I started my seed bed in 2010 and figured at some point I might have an unusual top show up among those 40 or so older nice roots I planted in there...

I have a couple of double top 3 prongers in the bed (one just showed up this year), but this year got a nice surprise on what was a nice 4 pronger the past few years.

This year it came up a 6 prong, with double berry stems.

I had not looked at them all that close until this weekend and then noticed this one.

It has 4 nice prongs in the regular position, and then where the berry stem normally is there in the middle, it has two prongs that sort of shoot straight up and each has 5 leaves on it, then to the side of each of those prongs, on the right and left there is a berry stem (double berry stems).

Cool..

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35790

Here is a up close of the prongs and berry stems. It is a little out of focus but you can see well enough how all of those prongs and the two berry stems are positioned.

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35791

Here is a pic of the entire seed bed from top to bottom...

These are all wild roots and as usual they are on track to make berries the end of August, first of September timeframe.

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35792

These next few shots are of some of my wild sim that is 4-5 years old.

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35793

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35794

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35795

These next two are probably the best of my 5 year olds... nothing huge... just a decent 3 pronger.

That is about what I was expecting from this place, that is about all the true wild will do here too.

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35796

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35798

I was checking out a 3 year old patch and found this one.

It made me do a double take... cause at first I thought it was a little 4 prong.

Turned out to be a couple of 2 prongs growing side by side that had the leaf sets positioned like a 4 prong.

You can see a little yellow bullseye spot on one leaf and again on a leaf edge. Alterneria Blight... usually starts out with little yellow spots, and may later turn to a bullseye spot, and I have seen it develop on my wild sim to where the leaves look like they are melting.

I see this on the wild seng around here too, so it is common to my area.

It has thinned out my original wild simulated plantings a LOT.

I am not going to spray so they will just have to thin out to levels that the land can naturally support considering the disease issue and they are doing that. And I have changed my planting methods to only planting small areas and planting much thinner.

Where the are thin and spaced out, they may still develop a few spots like this one, but will often survive all year.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:6 prong with double berry stem, seed bed, wild sim, garden stuff (TNhunter) 8 years 9 months ago #35799

Now on to what else I have growing around here...

A few Garden Pics

Here is a pic of my first bed. It has Yellow and Green Squash, Sweet Corn and a nice patch of greens growing in it. The greens are on the other end, past the sweet corn.

Attachments:

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and no members online

Login