2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: The early ripening strain of ginseng

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 8 months ago #35930

Gareth,
I believe that would be correct. My peaches are also ripening a little ahead of their normal time as well. I believe many things would react to very warm temps with lots of sunshine in the same way.

Here is what the same early strain of ginseng looked like last year on the 28th of June. We are nearly 1 week ahead this year.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 8 months ago #35931

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

It would be interesting to see what this strain does in a Northern climate.

Hugh

We should try that experiment Hugh! :)

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 8 months ago #35949

I have about 15 3/4 prongs that look just like that Hugh I hope the seeds will b early variety as well and come up next spring! Ur peaches/plums look sweet/juicy by the way, LOL!!!

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 8 months ago #36002

Well, out of the rootlets I have that came up this year, one has berries on it already while the others and my wild here seem to be just starting to bloom. Looks like I got lucky and got one early mama. Her babies will have a special place for sure.

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 7 months ago #36319

Hugh, here is a few of my early ripening plants. I found about 20 mature plants within 100 yds of where I had woods grown, which I dug out several years ago. These must have got away through rodents or birds. They are doing very well and reproducing on their own. Took these pictures last Sunday between thunderstorms. They are a week behind from where they were last year.
Attachments:

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 7 months ago #36320

Attachments:

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 7 months ago #36321

There are dozens of smaller plants, 3 leafers to small 3 prongers. I did not plant these. They have been reproducing on their own. Some of our native ginseng is just starting to set berries. I've some of these in my seed producing beds and I have very good luck with them coming up the next spring after they ripen
Attachments:

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 7 months ago #36322

Sang.ocd
That big plant in the pic above with your hand underneath the leaves is one of the prettiest seng plants I have seen. Beautiful shape , color and size. Very healthy looking. Must be some great soil and canopy.
Thanks for sharing,
Latt

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 7 months ago #36323

What Lat said....^^^^^^^^ Very nice OCD!

Re:The early ripening strain of ginseng 8 years 7 months ago #36324

SangOCD,
The pictures that you have posted of your native growing ginseng speaks volumes about your growing site. I absolutely agree with Latt and Maya about the large beautiful plant in your hand. Not only does the site grow ginseng well, but the natural reproduction that you can see in the pictures is excellent. My advise to you is to try to collect and plant as many wild berries and plant them in patches as you can each year. I believe , overall that this will lead to the heaviest production and you will have less disease problems than using bought seed.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hugh

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 70 guests and no members online

Login