2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Seng Pic

Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36521

Hey all,
This is a pic I took this weekend. Can't say who's it is or where it is. However, it's a great pic to show anyone that is interested in growing Woods Grown or Woods Cultivated what can happen if you know what to do.

I hope to have some seng growing like this some day. Knowing what you are doing and keeping the deer and turkey off along with disease, insects, and small rodents is a key factor.

I did not want to post this pic in an attempt to say how to do it. I just wanted to post it to show what can happen if everything goes right and you know what you are doing.

I am buying a couple of pounds of seed this year. I wish I was buying a 100 lbs.
Anyway, wildgrown.com sells great seed from what everyone says. However, this particular pic is from seed grown from another source. I am sure Wildgrown seed will do well too.

Regardless, get your seed from a reputable seed dealer like the one that I took this picture at. JUST Get Some Seed and try it out. Planting a pound is going to give you the enjoyment of getting started if you have never done it yet.

Good luck all you new seng growers.

The more we grow the more we take the pressure off the Presumed Wild Ginseng. I am all about that concept.

Latt

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36523

That's what I'm talking about right there! I hope and pray to have patches like that all over east tenn. 1 day. I think everyone of us so called sangers need to do this so our grandchildren will have sang to dig. Best of luck to all this upcoming season!

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36524

bawhite40,
I appreciate your enthusiasm. Growing ginseng this close together takes a totally different approach than growing \"Wild Simulated\". I hope to grow this way in some areas while continuing to grow the way I have been (\"Wild Simulated\") in other areas.
Good luck bawhite40 and everyone else growing seng.
Latt

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36525

I had a dream the other night and that pic was what i found! Nice pic

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36528

Very Nice, Latt.

You're exactly right. You better know what you're doing to grow seng like that.
I think the biggest threats are disease and poaching. Rainy seasons makes the diseases a lot worse. A nice patch of seng can go down in just a few days and the roots just a rotten stinking mess. A lot of your cultivated seed are disease prone and may already have disease in them. I'm no expert and I sure don't have a green thumb but I would advise anyone to really do a lot of research before committing too much in their endeavors.

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36533

That is a beautiful bed of nice mature plants.

They are obviously happy where they are growing and have been tended well.

No way I could grow it that thick on my place... without a regular fungicide spraying program and I am just not going to do that.

But what I do grow... I will have no question about it being safe for me to eat, or anyone else.

Each to his own I guess.

Good Luck Latt on accomplishing that yourself. I wish you the best in that.

TNhunter

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36542

Yep it's not for everyone.
On the other hand, I eat meat, veg, fruit, grains and milk form the grocery store. So I figure I am already ingesting growth hormones, insecticide and fungicides. I drink prepackaged tea with ginseng in it. I am sure it contains ginseng from woods cultivated sources and is not the good wild stuff that goes to China etc.
So it wouldn't bother me to spray. As a matter of fact, my buddy is a farmer and he has all the chemicals needed to spray the ginseng with. He uses the same stuff on his corn and soybeans that he farms that ends up feeding livestock or us directly or indirectly eventually.

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36543

It's a dream to have mine look that good! Working towards it, however still have a ways to go on that sort of appearance.... Thanks for posting it.

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 7 months ago #36559

Me too Whit.
Latt

Re:Seng Pic 8 years 6 months ago #36977

Partner and I got a good shady patch of ground..companion plants trillium,bloodroot,jack in the pulpit....we are gonna have in my estimation 1 million dollars worth on his site alone...nice picture..in ten yrs ill be posting one just like it..hopefully sooner in three to five yrs.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 460 guests and no members online

Login