2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginseng coming up late this season!

Ginseng coming up late this season! 7 years 10 months ago #38371

Ginseng here in PA is coming up very late this season, at least it is in my garden. Planted around 10 roots, most stayed dormant this year but 4 of them are coming up. One is very late and is just now starting to emerge, one is a two prong and has been up for a little while now and the other two are still coming up and starting to open there leaves. Just seems quite late considering its the middle of May and temperatures here in PA have been pretty warm. How is everyone else's ginseng doing this season?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng coming up late this season! 7 years 10 months ago #38374

ive checked a couple of wild spots and they have come up and are doing good..

Re:Ginseng coming up late this season! 7 years 10 months ago #38404

And145,

That is somewhat typical in reality. Not only are there differences in different strains of ginseng (from different areas of the county), but differences in ages when they come up in the spring also.

While we have gotten some cold spells which seems to have set things back a little bit, most of my seedlings started coming up the middle of April. However, my older roots are still starting to emerge. In fact, wild Ohio seems to arrive the latest in the spring for me. Just yesterday some of the transplanted old roots I have started to poke through the straw.

Re:Ginseng coming up late this season! 7 years 10 months ago #38412

I'm in Maine and planted my first rootlets and seeds (pound of each) last Fall. Two of my 3 year roots have sent up three prong shoots and looks like nearly all of my seeds have germinated. Up here they've been coming up starting May 16th. The weather has been usually warm, and wet at the begining of the month while April, which is usually the wetter month, was unseasonably warm and bone dry.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Who's Online

We have 745 guests and no members online

Login