2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: What you got growing ?

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39203

Like planting them along old logs...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39204

Or just in a shallow trench.

These 150 or so berries I planted in between beds of 4 and 5 year old plants that are some of the best wild sim that I have.

Basically where my wild sim has grown the best, I am now taking my seed bed red berries and planting all around those already established beds.

Putting good seed in known good ground and location based on proof or growth.

Should pay off down the line.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39206

TN... It is hard to say who will reap the fruits of our labor, but it sure is a fun and rewarding adventure playing with growing wild simulated ginseng.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39344

I heard last week that my local ginseng dealer is offering somewhere south of 300.00/lb for ginseng.

That don't sound good.

Decided to go fishing instead of seng hunting this morning.

Spent the first 4 hours of the morning on my favorite local small river fishing from my kayak.

It was a beautiful day for sure.

Below is a pic of a nice long slow hole on this stretch of river.

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39345

Almost always catch a limit of bass on this 2.5 mile stretch of river.

Did it again today, with one really nice large mouth bass.. Ended up with 3 large mouth and 2 smallies.

I am going to do at least one more seng hunt this year. I need a few more keepers for myself. May wait a little while longer until they start turning yellow. Love to find em when they are yellow.

Anyone else hearing anything on TN Ginseng Prices ?

TNHunter

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39346

A price I was quoted by a dealer around the Pikeville area was $120 a pound for green and $300 a pound for dry. Seems that's alot of difference price. They are wanting it green it seems. I think total pounds will be be down considerably this year.. just my opinion. Anyone else have any opinions?

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39347

I have never sold any green... always dry mine and usually sell it in November timeframe. Usually around Thanksgiving or just before Christmas the price is good.

But if they are saying less than 300.00 / dry pound now... I doubt seriously it will go over 350.00/400.00 by Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I hear they have a surplus of dry right now and that is why the dry price is so low. It may take a year or two of LOW prices to get that surplus down and bring the price back up.

I can wait em out... I love Fishing and Squirrel hunting, Deer Hunting... so I can sure occupy my time (and let the roots in my places get older and larger) until the price starts to look better again.

Usually 20 good roots will get me thru a year, so I will harvest a few for personal consumption... and leave the rest until the price looks better.

To those of you who are hunting for harvest to sell this year, I hope you are getting better price than my local dealer is offering.

Good Luck !

TNHunter

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39348

tnhunter, I was told 350 lb dry right now. I never sell green either, and I sell dry around november also. My dealer told me he'd be surprised if it reached 500 a lb dry this year. That's about 150 dollars a lb less than what I would sell for. It looks like i'll be storing mine till next season. Good luck to you during hunting season. I may break the shotgun/rifle out myself this year. It's been a while. Great pics of some nice fish.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39349

wildspirit44 wrote:

tnhunter, I was told 350 lb dry right now. I never sell green either, and I sell dry around november also. My dealer told me he'd be surprised if it reached 500 a lb dry this year. That's about 150 dollars a lb less than what I would sell for. It looks like i'll be storing mine till next season. Good luck to you during hunting season. I may break the shotgun/rifle out myself this year. It's been a while. Great pics of some nice fish.

...iam hearing even cheaper than that 44.i quit digging..iam doing the same ,certified and will be stored till next year...... I got up and went squirrel hunting this morning..seen some seng plucked it off and left for next year...seen 7 squirrels killed 3..it got darn windy darn quick this morning....

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 6 months ago #39350

My dealer told me a major dealer went bankrupt n dumped 10 tons of dry into the market

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Who's Online

We have 313 guests and no members online

Login