2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: What you got growing ?

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 9 months ago #38564

Giant sequoias I started from seed 2 years ago. Can't wait to get them in the ground and watch them take off.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 9 months ago #38565

And of corse a lot of these little dudes.
Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 9 months ago #38567

John B...

Looking good on what are growing there. I have a small patch of strawberries (6'x20' patch)... and this year is the 3rd year for it. They are starting to go down hill now. Produced about half this year what they did last year.

I plan to plow them under this fall, and may start a new bed in a different location next spring.

That is a fine looking little 2 pronger too.

Thanks for sharing a few pics.

TNhunter

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 9 months ago #38568

jimsenger...

I have 6 Rutgers tomato plants in this year (of the 18 that I have planted) and So far they are looking really good.

They have set lots of nice round maters, and so far they have fared well against the leaf blight. Quite a bit better than my Big Beef have done.

The Big Beef are a hybrid and as advertised supposed to be very disease resistant... below is what is said about them...

Broad disease resistance package. High resistance to alternaria stem canker, fusarium wilt races 1, 2, gray leaf spot, nematodes, tobacco mosaic virus, and verticillium wilt.

But in my garden, the Big Beef get the old leaf blight as bad as any other. I just keep taking off the infected foliage.

My Rutgers plants are doing much better, with only a small amount of foliage damage on the very bottom leaf sets.

I have heard that Rutgers have very good flavor and that is what I am looking for...

A tomato that taste really good, and produces a lot, and shows good disease resistance in my garden.

There is a guy on Youtube (search on MHPGARDNER) and he grows Big Beef and Rutgers and other varities and all kinds of veggies. He says that the big beef are hard to beat for production and very good flavor... but he grows a lot of rutgers too and he thinks they taste a little better than the big beef.

Looking forward to trying some of those out here in a few more days.

TNhunter

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 9 months ago #38574

Awesome garden TN !

JohnB, planting those Giant sequoias is so cool. Just think how long those trees will be here on earth. I wonder if anyone else is planting these to help sustain the giant sequoias population?

Latt

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 9 months ago #38575

Latt,

If you have never been to see these trees its definitely something to add to the bucket list. No pic or description comes even close. The sheer size of the first one I walked up on literally gave me goose bumps. Some of the older/larger trees are estimated to be 3000 plus years old. Youd laugh if you saw the size of the seeds as well. Smaller than a grain of wheat.:laugh:

Have a good one,

John B

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 8 months ago #38601

Yea it is one on my bucket list for sure.
Latt

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 8 months ago #38602

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 8 months ago #38603

Attachments:

Re:What you got growing ? 7 years 8 months ago #38604

good looking hillside there.Hop.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger