2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Root rot

Root rot 7 years 8 months ago #38701

Any one else having trouble with root rot this year? We have had way too much rain here and I have been losing a lot of plants. I bet I have lost 50% of everything this year, a lot of them are older, it sucks. I am hoping there are some left this fall, I guess I will harvest everything that makes it that long.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Root rot 7 years 8 months ago #38703

Lenno..

No problem here in southern middle TN, but we have not had a wet year here in my county.

The last half of May and most of June was quite dry here. End of June and first of July we have got a few good rains, and everything has greened back up nicely.

It was good timing for blackberries here, they have fattened up nicely, and I am sure it has helped the seng with berry production too.

Good Luck on your crop there. Sure do hate the thought of seng roots just rotting. Over the years (especially when we have wet springs and early summers) mine have suffered bad from the old yellow spot, and leaf melt. That happened a lot where I planted thick... I don't do that anymore.

TNhunter

Re:Root rot 7 years 8 months ago #38709

that's a shame len..hope it gets better for you..

Re:Root rot 7 years 8 months ago #38710

Lenno

I've had a few that would not turn yellow, just droop down. It would be just one here & there. Might be 10 - 20 ft apart. Dug one and send it the the U of I plant clinic and they tested it for nematodes because of the knobs on the smaller roots and tested it for phytophthora and it came back negative for both. They said it was suspect for pythium crown rot. They said this may have entered the plants from cold damage earlier this season at emergence. They recommended an application of ridomil. I've only lost about a dozen plants, but they were some of my older ones. Hope the weather dries up for you and things turn around!

Re:Root rot 7 years 8 months ago #38712

Aliette is another good option. Both Aliette and Ridomil are systemic and Aliette can be somewhat curative to infected plants.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 546 guests and no members online

Login