2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: will it grow

will it grow 7 years 6 months ago #39319

i live in central georgia (50 miles south of atlanta)and want to try growing ginseng. the property i have is ideal based off of what i have read about terrain, my concern is being this far south. i will growing in a wild-simulated environment. What are my chances?

thanks

david f
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:will it grow 7 years 6 months ago #39320

Hey David, I'm not an expert from a cultivation standpoint, but can tell you it may be difficult that far south. It is hard for ginseng to grow on shade alone. It is pretty picky about where it likes to grow. I'm speaking strictly from a wild ginseng stand point, not sure about wild simulated. I think the best way to tell if it is a good ginseng growing area is by looking at what types of plants are around. If you have plants like baneberry, cohosh, mayapple, ferns, goldenseal, and good organic soil it should grow great. So take a look at the plants growing on your property and that should tell you a lot. There's a few folks on here that grow it and could shed some more light on the steps you should take. Hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Re:will it grow 7 years 6 months ago #39322

i'm not familiar with some of those plants the one i do know is ferns and i have them. i will try and identify the others you listed. the soil is good, the area i'm going to try is a old growth hardwood valley. thanks for your input
Attachments:

Re:will it grow 7 years 6 months ago #39323

Take a pic of your forest floor and post it so we can see it.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds

Who's Online

We have 427 guests and no members online

Login