2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Red Berry surprise !!!

Red Berry surprise !!! 5 years 8 months ago #41251

I have lots of decent sized 3 prongs now... these are growing in old hardwood growth... lots of shade.

They really need more light to get bigger...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

Red Berry surprise !!! 5 years 8 months ago #41252

One more lil 3 pronger making a few berries...

Attachments:

Red Berry surprise !!! 5 years 8 months ago #41253

This winter a fellow that owns some land that joins mine cut his timber hard (pertty much clear cut)...
this clearing is to the east of my property and in the area where I have a lot of wild sim growing.

I think this is going to be very good for me... my woods there is old growth hardwoods and the shade is heavy and my seng has been growing slow there..

but now all of a sudden there is lots of morning sun coming into this area where I have a bunch of wild sim growing. Ideal !!

Here is what it looks like right at the edge of my property looking over to his (that blue paint on that tree is my property line).

Attachments:

Wild Simulated and Red Berry planting... 5 years 8 months ago #41254

If you back up 40 yards... it looks like this..

I planted most of my red berries today in that band where the extra morning sun is getting in.
All of the wild sim I had planted in that area had pretty much doubled in size this year, and started putting on more berries than ever before.
I have seen what happens to seng in the wild when it grows in the edge of a clearing (just right), where it is getting an extra dose of morning sun.

I had my doubts about ever having much big seng in my wild sim, but I think this is going to be a game changer for me.

We'll see in a few more years.

TNHunter
Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.
  • Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Who's Online

We have 249 guests and no members online

Login