2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using Google Earth for site locations.

Using Google Earth for site locations. 13 years 8 months ago #4271

Hey everybody.

Its been a while since I have played with google earth, but version 5 has a feature that allows you to change the time of day, which of course gives you another tool to use for light and shade assessment on your properties. It will not substitute an actual physical walk through your woods of course, but it gives you a VERY different, birds eye look at the territory you are familiar with only at ground level. It also helps me to get a grip on approxamate acreage being planted (and hopefully harvested!) It has some very cool tools and is pretty user friendly.

The detail isnt the best at closer ranges, but the topography is mindblowing and amazingly accurate! I find my land is best veiwed between 1500 and 3000 ft above the ground. Play around with the controls, it takes a minute to get the swing of it. The program will start out from a birds eye view but you can float down to look from any vantage point that you would like and at any height.......good stuff!

Try it out if you havent yet. Its a free download. Be warned though.....you may be addicted! I couldnt get off the damn laptop for 2 hours once I got the hang of it!

Lemme know what you guys think.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds

Who's Online

We have 334 guests and no members online

Login