2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: First Time Buying Seed

First Time Buying Seed 13 years 8 months ago #4288

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Well guys I have been giving seed from friends and I have planted and replanted seed for years from wild ginseng and my personal patches,but I had never purchased seed for large planting untill now.

I just purchased 1 lb of seed from rite hear at wildgrown for my first planting of this size and nature.I have alot of practice with seed from the Mountians,but not with stratified,but I have read for two years prior to this purchase about this seed preparation,planting,etc,etc and I do not think I will have any problems with that.

Im looking forward to it.

Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:First Time Buying Seed 13 years 8 months ago #4293

For a few years now I have took seeds from my own patch to plant in the wild. Last year I started taking stratified seed to plant when I went digging. Hopefully in a few years I can harvest more from these hollers than I have in the past and it should be good for my kids on down the road.

Billy I think you will really enjoy planting that pound of seed. Wild simulated? I have been planting 3-5 pounds a year for a while now and have had good results. good luck.

Re:First Time Buying Seed 13 years 8 months ago #4294

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Lenno I do think it will be alot of fun to watch the seng every year.Im going to plant a pd. to see how well I do like it and the boys then maybe plant alot more later.

I have planted alot from wild seng and sure enjoy doing that.

Re:First Time Buying Seed 13 years 7 months ago #5167

lenno, what method do you use for planting the stratified seed...it seems everyone has a different method. I am looking to purchase a pound of seed and give it a go

Re:First Time Buying Seed 13 years 7 months ago #5168

How are you planning on planting Billy? Along side of known patches, a few here and there, or a big patch by itself? Good luck!

Re:First Time Buying Seed 13 years 7 months ago #5169

hunz,I have planted wild simulated and woods grown. The last 2 years I made beds 6 feet wide, tilling the ground(but only an inch or two) and then planting in rows 8 inches apart and spacing the seeds 3 to 6 inches in the rows. I have had germination rates of 90% or more. I also take some stratified seed to my hunting spots to help supplement the wild stands of ginseng.I am sure you will enjoy planting your seeds and good luck.

Re:First Time Buying Seed 13 years 7 months ago #5177

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
maya wrote:

How are you planning on planting Billy? Along side of known patches, a few here and there, or a big patch by itself? Good luck!

Maya I am going to plant some in the areas where the natural seed is not enough to give that area a boost,but not in the areas where they arent needed,and then I am going to plant a couple large patches as well.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 294 guests and no members online

Login