2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Billy or others who can buy/sell over State lines (a few nice green roots)

Billy or others who can buy/sell over State lines (a few nice green roots) 13 years 6 months ago #5613

I would like to pose this question to Billy or any of you other wild ginseng harvesters who might be able to buy/sell roots to me here in TN.

I am starting a seed producing bed and would love to have some wild ginseng root stock planted there from (outside my area) preferrably some of that big healthy mountain seng that produces those long seed pod stems with big/loaded berry pods.

I am just now getting my seed producing bed ready - hopefully will have all my ammendments in place so I could start planting some nice roots in there by next weekend.

About next weekend until the end of season as I find a good 3 or 4 prong I am going to give it special care, store them individually in a zip lock bag with some loose damp top soil (on that days hunt) then as soon as I get back home plant them in my seed producing bed.

I would like to buy 4-6 fairly large \"fresh\" wild roots that have been taken care of, dug properly, root hairs and all in place, next years bud in good shape - to plant in the bed with my local root stock. I would prefer these roots be either big 3 or 4 prongs and somewhere in the 2-3 ounce range.

I would plant those 4-6 roots spaced out down the middle of my bed and hope they cross with my local root stock polination wise and end up making my seed bed even better.

I would like to see pictures of them before buying and of course would like them packaged properly and mailed out to me.
I can send you a certified check or how ever the payment needs to happen (if you accept debit/credit cards online somehow that would be Ok).

Also - I am not a dealer myself and would only want to do this if it is legal for you & me to do so.

I am not sure what the price would be, but say for example a 3 ounce root would dry out to about 1 ounce and at 400/lb (current price) you would get around 25.00 for that root if you sold it dry. At 600/lb 37.50.

I do understand that those big mountain roots are special and would command a premium price so I will sure consider what ever price you think they are worth.

Wildgrown's 8oz pack of 3 year old roots sells for 50.00 or around 6.25 per ounce. But those are not near the quality that I am looking for. I may buy one of those packs and plant a few here on my property just to see how they do and if i need a few more to complete my seed bed I may plant some of them in there.

I assume that if I can buy roots from them, then I could buy roots from Billy or some of you other guys that have a dealers license to sell ?

Billy - or others - if this is possible - let me know - and you might just give me a email address so we can discuss it in more detial off the forum (if you want to handle it that way).

Thanks

TNhunter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Billy or others who can buy/sell over State lines (a few nice green roots) 13 years 6 months ago #5814

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tn I have just saw this post.

I am not getting to hunt right now because of my leg or I most certanly could get those roots for you.

However I have a couple close friends and a brother that I will speak with tomorrow and see if I can get you a few roots of that nature to help out your seed bed.A few days ago I had some of this very nature,but those are gone.

I will get back to you on this conversation after I speak with the guys.

Billy.

Re:Billy or others who can buy/sell over State lines (a few nice green roots) 13 years 6 months ago #5818

Billy,

Thanks for the reply and for considering this request and getting your friends involved to help.

I know that you are new to the business of being a ginseng dealer and I wonder if something like this could be a \"nich area\" where you could possibly specialize in and make a nice profit.

Wildgrown sells 3 year old roots, and I think Glacial has some 5 year old roots for sale, but I have not seen anyone offering really nice big roots like the ones I see on your & maya's pictures and others that are showing off those nice big mountain roots.

I am sure there are possibly hundreds or thousands of ginseng growers that visit this site and many may have or may be planning a seed producing bed like me. And many may be interested in doing something like I am, wanting to mix in a few high quality (outside my area roots) to hopefully help improve my seed results.

I would lower my size suggestion down into the 1.5 ounce range so if you can collect any 1.5 or larger roots in good shape for planting, I would sure love to have around 6 of them.

If my seed bed does good next year (like I hope) I may make a couple more of them and will be wanting more nice roots to plant in the others.

You just figure your cost and a decent profit margin and make sure the guys selling you those nice roots are well compensated and get me a price.

Thanks Billy !

TNhunter

Re:Billy or others who can buy/sell over State lines (a few nice green roots) 13 years 6 months ago #5819

TNhunter,

This is Mike Lee, site operator, please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for some questions I have for you. p.s.: Your email is not valid somehow. Thanks

Re:Billy or others who can buy/sell over State lines (a few nice green roots) 13 years 6 months ago #5826

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
TNhunter -your welcome e-mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Who's Online

We have 493 guests and no members online

Login