2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: growing

growing 13 years 6 months ago #6925

i have a pretty ideal spot for growing sang and am pretty sure there some growing out there all ready but due to a conversation at the work place this morning i'm looking into getting seed and doing some planting. any ideas or thoughts for a newbie are welcome. in years gone by i knew of a few people around the area that harvested sang, which is how i know it's in the region, as with most they kept their places secret and about the most you'd get out of them is yep it's out there lol but most of them have passed on now also. now that I am older and wiser i think it's time to invest some time and work in this area. again any thoughts would be appreciated.

d..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:growing 13 years 6 months ago #6935

d
Take a year to read every book you can get your hands on about ginseng, you can start here in the ginseng article section.
Next year you can buy some wild seed from me to start your gardens. Keep them small and try different areas until you can I.D. good sites this takes a few years to learn. Now your an expert, and keep buying my seed, real wild, hand picked,stratified in the same soil as the plant grows in. The best seed around.

Guy

Re:growing 13 years 6 months ago #6978

yep can agree with you there it's a little late in the season to do much this year other than to become knowledgable by reading reading reading and doing site work on the hill to figure out what locations would seem to be best. and while i realize it's best to keep this under wraps as much as possible especially if i become successful at it, i did learn that i have some family i can get in touch with who know a thing or two about it. and yep i certainly will need a place to buy seeds at next year so i will keep you in mind

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds

Who's Online

We have 324 guests and no members online

Login